Many prospects have come under the consideration of global cryptocurrency regulators since the brutal Terra crash. South Korean Government and agencies are trying to get the possible reason behind this debacle.
In this bid, the ruling party of the nation held an emergency meeting to take further action over it.
S. Korea might sue crypto exchanges
According to reports, the representatives of Upbit, Korbit, Coinone, Bithumb, and Gopax were summoned for a meeting over the matter. Lee Seok-woo, CEO of Dunamu will be there at the gathering. Till there has been no confirmation came in from the crypto exchanges. However, as per expectations, the government will be holding exchange platforms accountable for the damages born by the investors caused by the Terra Luna crash. Meanwhile, this will also cover the loss incurred due to the delisting of the digital asset.
The exchanges might be held responsible for not halting LUNA transactions and ignoring investors’ protection during the crisis. Yoon Chang-Hyeon, head of the Virtual Assets Special Committee, mentioned that they would be checking the platform’s investor protection steps taken. Meanwhile, each Ministry might be showcasing its position on the regulatory framework over Digital Assets later after the meeting.
Crypto exchanges made most money out of crash
Earlier, Chang-Hyeon highlighted that every transaction helps the crypto exchanges to create a commission for the platforms. Upbit was the last among exchanges to stop trading for Terra’s LUNA and UST. While other exchanges like Korbit, Gopax and Coinone halted trading on May 10, 2022. The Bithumb did it on May 11, 2022. He noted that Upbit made almost 80% of the total share of generated commission income.
During the crash, Terra’s LUNA, native token and UST, stablecoin almost lost their complete value. Do Kwon, founder of Terra has proposed specific steps and plans to revive the chain. However, the investors have suffered a lot as around $40 Billion market capitalization of Terra’s assets crashed overnight.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%