A series of Ether (ETH) deposits on Binance amounting to nearly $600 million from Tron founder Justin Sun puzzled many for days. The deposits started in December itself and many were worried about the probability of Sun cashing out given he has announced earlier that he will be moving away from his role as the CEO of Tron Foundation.
Earlier today, Justin Sun came out to burst all speculations and revealed that the much talked about $600 million ETH deposits were in fact for the internal deployment of wallets and had nothing to do with Ethereum or Tron. The official statement from Sun read,
“Recently, the internal deployment of wallets has attracted market attention. We continue to be optimistic about the market outlook, and there is no situation that everyone has guessed. Regardless of Ethereum, TRON, and the entire blockchain industry, we are highly optimistic and will continue to build, and everyone will receive more heavy news next!”
— 孙宇晨🌞 (@sunyuchentron) December 29, 2021
Sun’s official statement not just shut the mystery on the $600 million deposits but also clear that he was not liquidating any of his funds or cashing out. Given the current downtrend in the crypto market, many expected the ETH deposit on Binance were for selling purposes.
Justin Sun starts a new career as a “crypto diplomat”
Sun created Tron as a competitor to Ethereum with similar functionalities and lesser processing time, however, the founder of the firm has decided to move on to his next phase in his career as a crypto diplomat for Grenada, a small Caribbean nation. Sun had quite a controversial crypto career and run-ins with the Chinese authorities but managed to stay in limelight throughout.
At the time of writing Ethereum (ETH) was trading at $3,709 with a 2% decline over the past 24-hours. The second-largest altcoin lost critical support of $4K and is currently in a consolidation phase.
- Terra LUNA 2.0 Price Falls By Over 60% Hours After Airdrop
- What Is Terra LUNA 2.0, Here’s All You Need To Know
- Whales Accumulating These DeFi Tokens Amid Price Crash
- This Analyst Predicts A Bitcoin Bottom Before Bullish Momentum
- Terra Team Officially Activates Terra 2.0 Pheonix-1 mainnet, Here Are the Details
- Tron’s TRX Burn Total Exceeds 7.7 Billion
- Tron Stablecoin Reaches Key Milestone Amid Bearish Trends
- Binance Italy Gets Govt Nod, Global Expansion Goes On
- Just In: Russia Inches Closer To Crypto Adoption With Latest Move
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Soars 9% As ETH Crashes, Here’s Why
- CRV Price Analysis: Dual Trendline Limits The CRV Bull Run
- DOT Price Analysis: Uncertainty Over DOT Price May End With Trendline Breakout
- ERON Price Analysis: Emerging Bullish Pattern Foretells 65% Rise In ERON
- AAVE Price Analysis : $95 Breakdown Rease 25% Fall In AAVE Price
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?