KODAKOne, a blockchain platform aiming for the protection of image copyrights is all set to go live in the market with the token sale of its KodakCoin later this month.
KODAKOne platform for image copyright compliance
KODAKOne, the blockchain-based system is all set to begin the sale of Simple Agreements for Future Tokens (SAFTs) later this month on May 21. Wenn Digital that has created the blockchain system which seeks to protect the copyright of photographs and images on its platform announced the news today.
According to Wenn, Kodak, the US photography brand has minority stakes in Wenn Digital. Kodak has been actively involved in the development of blockchain platform with Wenn.
The Co-founder and chairman of KODAKOne, Cam Chell talked about the platform and the purpose it serves:
“By pairing blockchain technology with KODAKCoin Tokens, KODAKOne Platform will provide a licensing platform that enforces copyright compliance and tracks the usage of images – giving photographers more control over licensing, while at the same time creating a creative community and a comprehensive marketplace that meets all their image and related needs.”
SEC compliant KodakCoin issued via SAFTs
The project was first announced in January that shot its stock prices to rise 3-fold which was expected to go live that month but due to regulatory issues, it got delayed.
Chell told Reuters in an interview:
“We really took a step back and decided that we would ensure that all Ts were crossed and Is dotted before we embark on a public sale. We wanted to make sure that we got it right.”
In order to comply with the rules of the US SEC, KODAKOne took the route of SAFT for their coin offering. By issuing SAFTs, companies don’t need to register with the SEC as only accredited investors can participate in the token sales. The SAFTs of KodakCoin are being sold for $1 per piece.
Jan Denecke, the CEO of Wenn Digital shared his thoughts on SAFTs:
“We are excited to offer the SAFT and the rights to the underlying KODAKCoin Token in a manner structured to fully comply with an exemption to the SEC’s registration requirements. Our goal with this offering is utmost security and transparency, working to bring digital tokens to investors by adhering to industry best practices and in a manner that we hope instills public confidence in the crypto space.”
Reportedly, the pre-sale of the tokens has already been conducted by Wenn Digital to the accredited investors that raised approximately $10 million. Though the capital requirement of the company is $20 million, Chell said demand is much bigger, “I think $50 million is our sweet spot.”
What are your views on SEC complaint KodakCoin’s token sale?
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?