Ledger, the leading hardware crypto wallet company has added 8 new 3rd party apps for its Ledger Nano S devices as part of its #FirstTuesdayCrypto initiative. #FirstTuesdayCrypto is a monthly initiative which Ledger has undertaken for third-party app releases.
Ledger lays out a strong roadmap with Ledger Live and #FirstTuesdayCrypto
As part of its #FirstTuesdayCrypto, Ledger has announced that it now provides support to PoA, Icon, VeChain, WanChain, Ontology, Kowala, PARTICL, and RSK. Ledger which already supports 31 currencies, further adds up to its strength by launching support to 8 new coins thus covering the coverage of nearly all main coins.
(1/2) Happy #FirstTuesdayCrypto ! Ledger now supports PoA, Icon, VeChain, WanChain, Ontology, Kowala, particl and RSK. These 3rd-party apps for Ledger Nano S are available on Ledger Live: https:/ledger.com/live
— Ledger (@LedgerHQ) August 7, 2018
It also gave out its roadmap of upcoming crypto projects.
#FirstTuesdayCrypto is a great initiative that Ledger has undertaken strengthening its third-party application process. It is a brand-new rendezvous for the Ledger community, happening every first Tuesday of the month. According to the official release it said,
“The validation process for third-party apps will be simplified with clearer guidelines, giving developers more comprehensive guidance on security good practice, device applications interface, experience and design requirements. These requirements have been consolidated in a comprehensive document available here. Additionally, from now on, the release of new coin applications will happen every first Tuesday of the month, with new third-party device applications bundled in a single release.”
Ledger, founded in 2014, is a leader in security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications. It’s hardware wallets which come in the shape of a USB drive are designed with robust safety features in mind and is excellent at storing digital assets and providing a safe way to execute digital payments.
In July 2018, the company launched its native companion app called the Ledger Live which is a new all-in-one companion application for your Ledger device that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. This allows Ledger to bring together device management and individual crypto assets in one place, replacing the old system of multiple Chrome-based applications.
Although the launch of Ledger Live is a big moment, its first version doesn’t support Some features like ERC20 token support. One needs a compatible third-party wallet to perform transactions.
Hardware wallets critical part of crypto and blockchain ecosystem
Hardware wallets provide an extra layer of safety to protect cryptocurrencies in the event if a computer is compromised by a virus or malware which could steal the user’s private keys by way of a keylogger. They also protect users against scams such as fake websites which use “phishing” to try and take control of holder’s private keys.
With a hardware wallet, even the user himself does not see his private keys, although they are stored in the device and can give access crypto wallets by using a pin that a user sets up and have to physically enter on to the device. If one’s hardware wallet ever gets damaged or is misplaced, it is easy to restore those wallets by way of a list of “seed words” which the holder creates on the setup of the device.
There are other companies as well that provide hardware wallets such as TREZOR and OPENDIME but Ledger definitely seems more dynamic in its approach and innovation.
Will these innovations, integration, and support to new coins will Ledger be able to replace online wallets? Do let us know your views on the same.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?