The Senate hearing on Libra in the US put an indefinite stop to Facebooks’ cryptocurrency plans. Moreover, the Chinese were more apprehensive as they do not have access to Facebook currently. However, not all Central Banks see Libra as a threat.
Reportedly, the President of the German Federal Bank, Jens Weidman, recently addressed a news conference at a meeting of the G7 Finance ministers and Central Bankers. While he advised caution against it, he also perceived the benefits of stablecoins.
He told the media,
“There’s no reason to be alarmed but there’s reason to be vigilant,”
However, Germany’s Finance Minister, Olaf Scholz, shared similar concerns that some of the US senators raised. The Libra Reserve, along with the Libra currency; if it grows too large, it will threaten the power and liquidity of Central banks. He told the media on 16th July 2019,
“The issuance of a currency does not belong in the hands of a private company because it is a core feature of a sovereign state”
David Marcus, the head of the Libra Association, has tried to reassure both the Houses of the US Senate on 16th and 17th of this month on Libra’s plans and Facebooks’ integrity. He also mentioned that Libra was in talks with the working committee of the G7 group.
G7 includes the following member countries – Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Currently, France is heading the bloc. The G7 group has recognized Libra as a concern for immediate importance. The French official told the media,
“On Libra, we had a very constructive and detailed discussion with a very large and shared consensus on the need for action.” He added, “Concerns (were) expressed by all the participants about the current situation and the need to act quickly,”
Do you think that G7 will ease the regulatory burdens being imposed on Libra? Please share your views with us.
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Crypto.com Users Reportedly Lose $15 Million Or At Least 4,600 ETH
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?