The EU antitrust chief is all set to scrutinize Facebook Inc.’s plan as Libra could possibly lead to the creation of an entirely separate economy.
Non- Users Will Be At A Potential Disadvantage
Per a recent Bloomberg report, the European Union antitrust- chief in an interview with Denmark’s finance industry union, Finansforbundet said that the EU is all geared up to unravel the real intentions behind Libra.
“It’s a new thing that we’ve begun to ask questions about something that doesn’t yet exist. But it’s because we want to be far enough ahead that we can say whether this will be a problem.”
She has already started an investigation into Libra for the fact that it has a potential for anti-competitive behavior. This implies putting the parties who don’t use Libra at a disadvantage. Furthermore, she said that there are inherent financial stability concerns as the competition kicks in. It is highly likely that central banks will be the ones most interested in it.
In a recent report, Cœuré, Member of the Executive Board of the ECB expressed the fact that while stablecoins are specifically designed to fulfill one more of the problems described, Libra was designed to efficiently solve those pertinent issues.
A number of so-called “stablecoin” initiatives, backed by large technology or financial firms and built on blockchain technology, are designed to address at least one and, in the case of Libra, both of these failings. Although private digital forms of money have been around for decades, these new initiatives have access to large networks of existing users and customers, which suggests that they could be the first to have a truly global footprint.”
The interview is due to be published in full on the 11th of October. Some of the few questions which Vestager has been asked include the company plans to become a platform for commercial businesses to sell their products and services; what currencies will be accepted; and what does it mean for a company to have its own currency.
What will be Libra’s ultimate plight? Will it see green light by regulatory authorities? Let us know, what you think?
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?