- Litecoin saw a 1.5% price drop over the past 24 hours of trading as the cryptocurrency falls to the $46 level.
- The bulls had been on the offensive after pushing marginally above the 100-days EMA but failed to follow through with this push.
Litecoin dropped by 1.5% over the past 24 hours of trading as it drops from the 100-days EMA to reach the $46.34 level. In my last Litecoin article, I had outlined the fact that the bulls were back on the offensive after breaking the 100-days EMA. However, it seems that this was a false signal as the bulls were unable to break the resistance at $49.33 which caused the market to roll over and fall lower.
The bullish momentum is fading quickly in Litecoin as the RSI plummets from overbought conditions and is approaching the 50 line. A break beneath 50 on the RSI would cause LTC to spiral downward as the bears take control of the market momentum.
Litecoin Price Analysis
LTC/USD – Daily CHART – SHORT TERM
Analyzing the daily chart above, we can clearly see Litecoin breaking above the 100-days EMA a few days ago, however, we can also see that it was unable to break the resistance at $49.33 – provided by a 1.272 Fibonacci Extension level.
From here, the bears started to step back in and pushed the market lower to the current trading level at $46.34.
Short term prediction: NEUTRAL
The break back beneath $47.70 has put Litecoin in a neutral trading position. The cryptocurrency would now need to rise and break above the $49.33 resistance to turn bullish again. It would have to drop beneath $44 and the rising support trend line to turn bearish.
If the sellers do push lower, the first level of support can be found at $44.60. This is followed by support at the rising support trend line and $41.14 (.392 Fib Retracement).
On the other side, if the bulls can rebound from $45 and push higher, the first level of resistance lies at $47.70. Above this, resistance is located at $49.33, $50, and $52.
Support:$45, $44.62, $41.14, $40, $38.
Resistance: $47.70, $49.33, $50, $52.
- Sushi Swap Fails To Break Major Resistance Zone, Will Bulls Hold $11?
- Solana, Ethereum Price Analysis: September 20, 2021
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Plummets To $45,000 As Liquidations Soar To $312 Million In An Hour
- Weekly Market Roundup: A Look into the Altcoins that Saw the Biggest Gains?
- DOT Price Analysis: Polkadot Rides Ascending Channel Near All Time High, Will Bulls Break $40?
- Bitcoin Exchange Balances on the Decline, Where are the Funds Going to?
- Taker Protocol Raises $3M to Transform NFT Liquidity and Utilization
- Just-In: Coinbase Opens its “Prime” Brokerage Services For 9K Institutional Investors
- Here’s How Much Bitcoin (BTC) Can Correct In Case of Choppy Week Ahead
- Here’s Why XRP Investors are Suing Apple?