The price of BTC in the past week has shown major fluctuations. While Bitcoin maintained its position above the $10k mark for a few days, it could not hold on to it for long. Before the end of day on the 29th August, it crashed below the long-held support level.
Following this major price plunge, analysts are now predicting that BTC might be on its way to a major 20%-30% price dip which can cause the price to perambulate around $7.5k region in the next few days. However, this drastic price fall, according to popular BTC traders, is healthy and would initiate the next bull season.
The Road To The Bear Markets
On August 28, BTC began a price plunge in which it moved rapidly from the $10,200 arena to the $9,700 area, losing around $500 in the process that represented a 5% dip in price within the hour. And shortly after, as though it were exhausted, briskly reversed the situation to gain about 2% before taking another U-turn to continue its bearish movement. The latest downward swing has caused BTC to fall below another major support level at $9500.
Analysts Are Bearish On Bitcoin
A Popular Whale whisperer and semi-retired crypto trader who runs a crypto Twitter account with a good following, going by the name AngeloBTC, recently shared his BTC price expectations. According to him, BTC is heading to break major resistance at $8k level.
Got a message from a friend that trades with serious size – he said long capitulation once we break $8k.
I tend to believe him.
— Angelo฿TC (@AngeloBTC) August 28, 2019
Dave the Wave’s Prediction
Similarly, another experienced crypto influencer specializing in charting and who is also a bitcoin investor, took to his Twitter handle to share his prediction of a major price plunge which, according to him, will take BTC to the $7.5k area. Even $6.5 is within expected range as this underway bear movement is expected to go as far down as 50%, he says.
Some buying targets.
7.5K looks well within striking range given a retracement to that level would be just over a third of the move up.
Even 6.5K looks within range, which would be a 50% retracement. pic.twitter.com/IPjfVSwbAC
— dave the wave (@davthewave) August 30, 2019
Many analysts are showing great concern around the present BTC bear movement. Popular cryptocurrency investor and analyst going by the name TraderWelson on Twitter also conducted a price poll in which a majority (about 50%) of respondents voted that BTC will go to the sub $8k area.
The reason for this bear market is not exactly known. However, some people believe that it is related to acute market manipulation before Bakkt starts operating while others think that it is related to the U.S.-China trade war.
DonAlt tweet stipulates that as the long-lasting support of bitcoin reduces and weakens, the short term bias of the crypto has moved towards the downtrend.
$BTC daily update:
Consolidating in the lower part of the trading range after a false breakout caused by Bakkt FOMO.
That's bearish to me.
The more time BTC spends down here the more bearish it gets.
Bulls need to reclaim 10350 quick otherwise I'll expect a breakdown. pic.twitter.com/90tc6TuUSW
— DonAlt (@CryptoDonAlt) August 22, 2019
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?