Ethereum’s (ETH) price fell for the second consecutive day on Thursday. ETH’s price manages to sustain the 50-day Simple Moving Average (SMA) at $3,060. Investors need conviction to take a jump toward $3,200 just to make the recent uptrend intact.
- Ethereum (ETH) price trades modestly lower on Thursday.
- ETH takes crucial support near the 50-day SMA.
- Price shoots up 48% from January’s lows of $2,159.0.
In the recent update, Twitter, the social media platform allowed a slew of fresh payment services to the existing tipping options, which now include Ether (ETH) apart from Bitcoin payment.
Furthermore, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management in its note reported that Ether, the native coin of the Ethereum blockchain posses greater concentration risk as most of the currency is held by a small number of accounts. High transaction fees and volatility are another problem area of the blockchain.
Ethereum faces downside risk on the daily chart
On the daily chart, Ethereum’s (ETH) price has rallied nearly 50% from January’s lows and formed the swing highs at $3,284.75 on February 10. However, investors lose their patience and retrace lower as a healthy retracement near $2,800. This also coincides with the breaking of the crucial 50-day Simple Moving Average (SMA).
Now, if the selling pressure becomes intensified instead of a simple retracement, the price could drop toward the $2,500 level.
Next, ETH will take out the lows of $2,150 levels last seen in July.
On the flip side, if the price is able to sustain the session’s low then it could jump back to the recent highs of $3,200.
A next upside could be found at 12% upside at the 200-day SMA at $3,600.
RSI: The Daily Relative Strength Index (RSI) reads at 51 below the average line indicating the concerns for the bulls.
MACD: The Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) holds above the midline with a neutral stance.
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000