Bitcoin price prints modest gains as the fresh trading week begin. BTC/USD hovers in a very tight range with no meaningful traction. However, the Bitcoin price holds vital support at the 50-day, which makes bulls hopeful for another recovery.
- Bitcoin price starts the week on a muted but on a positive note.
- A decisive break above the bearish slop line gives the probability of further 20% gains.
- The downside is capped toward the 50-day SMA at $41,120.
Bitcoin finds support near 50-day SMA
On the daily chart, the Bitcoin price took support near the 50-day (SMA) Simple Moving Average. After testing the $42,000 mark in the previous two sessions BTC stalls the gains and waits for a fresh catalyst to set the fresh directional basis. The descending trend line from the highs of December 27 acts as a strong resistance barrier for the upside.
A resurgence in the buying pressure will push the price higher toward an immediate resistance filter at the bearish slopping line at $43,100. A daily close above the mentioned level will bring $45,000 in play next.
An acceptance above $45,000 will strengthen the further upside outlook for Bitcoin. Bulls will flex their muscles toward $48,000 next.
On the other side, a fall below the 50-day SMA will invalidate the bullish outlook for the pair. The immediate downside target could be found at the horizontal support level placed at $37,380.
RSI: The daily Relative Strength Index moves above the average line with a bullish bias. Currently, it reads at 54.
MACD: The Moving Average Convergence hovers above the central line with a neutral outlook. An upside in the indicator will further strengthen the positive outlook for the pair.
As of writing, BTC/USD is trading at $41,355.04, up 0.10% for the day. The biggest and most famous cryptocurrency by market cap holds the 24-hour trading volumes at $22,927,188,621 with more than 12% gains.
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000