ETH price sinks extending the previous session’s losses. The price follows the footstep of the BTC, which fell more than 4% amid the panic selling in the crypto space. As the price proceeds toward the crucial 200-EMA on the weekly chart frame, the investors refrain from discount buying opportunities.
- ETH price slid 7% moving in sync with the broader market meltdown on Thursday.
- A move towards $1,700 is what investors are looking for as the price breaks the psychological $2,000 mark.
- However, a daily close above $2,200 would make bulls cheerful.
ETH price continues south
On the daily chart, the selling pressure was structured amid market participants, which leads to heavy profit-booking, and a correction in the ETH price since April 3. Looking back at the chart, the price surged nearly 43% from the lows of $2,499.0 made on March 14. In the process, the price attempted to break a consolidation that extends from January 12. But, the bulls remain unwilling to further extend the gains and fell back to the trading channel.
Now, the current price action suggests the ETH sellers finally won the tug-of-war, as the trading range broke on May 9.
On the weekly chart, a break below the 200-day EMA (Exponential Moving Average) at $1,624.47 would result in further depreciation in the price towards March 2021 lows near $1,400.
On the flip side, a spike in the buy orders might result in a relief rally for the bulls. A move toward the session’s high could mean a recovery back to $2,400.
The relative strength index (RSI) is trading at 43. The oscillator slips below the average line on April 4 after hovering for a while.
As of writing, ETH/USD is exchanging hands at $1,907, down 7.85% for the day.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3