MicroBT, one of China’s biggest mining rig manufacturers of mining equipment is preparing for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) this year in the U.S. Stock market. Founded in 2016, microBT is a relatively new player but the second-largest Bitcoin mining rig manufacturer in China.
The company has gained solid market share with its Whatsminer series, in a very short period of time. Last year in September 2020, microBT set-up its overseas factory to meet the rising demand from its non-Chinese clients. Chinese crypto blogger Colin Wu unveiled the news, however, hasn’t mentioned the timeline for the same.
Exclusive: Whatsminer, the second-ranked bitcoin mining machine manufacturer, is preparing to go public on the Nasdaq to obtain more funds to buy Samsung chips to make more machines, three sources told Wu Blockchain. After goes public, the market value may exceed tens of billions pic.twitter.com/s3oWa8Jmi4
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) January 13, 2021
Interestingly, the news also mentions that microBTC will be securing additional funding from the Korean tech giant Samsung, as per sources familiar with the matter. MicroBT’s founder Yang Zuoxing has previously served as the director of the crypto mining chip design division at Bitmain. He is also the brainchild behind the most powerful S9 mining chips from Bitmain.
Owing to the massive demand for crypto mining rigs, the Chinese blogger Wu estimates that microBT’s revenue in 2021 can shoot to $1 billion.
The Rising Demand for Crypto Mining Machines
The Bitcoin mining activity has recently reached new record-highs are per the on-chain metrics. The data from BTC.com shows that the mining difficulty has set a new record high in 2021’s first adjustment. The mining difficulty has increased by 10.79% from its previous levels to 20.65 trillion.
On the other hand, the U.S. is slowly emerging as a favorable destination for BTC mining activity after the latest crackdown by Chinese authorities last year. Big crypto mining giants like Titan are preparing enterprise-grade Bitcoin mining pools in North America. Besides, other players like Marathon Group are aggressively acquiring new mining rigs as the demand increases.
Recently, Kentucky lawmakers have also proposed incentivizing Bitcoin miners by offering tax exemptions. This creates a favorable environment for Chinese players to step into the U.S. markets.
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?