The world’s largest cryptocurrency Bitcoin has tanked another 3% amid a brutal sell-off pushing the BTC price under $42,000. Well, the biggest question is whether if this is the new bottom for Bitcoin investors. And the answer is NO!
Popular crypto investor and former Goldman Sachs manager – Mike Novogratz – said that Bitcoin has well enough chances to slip under $40,000 and test a new bottom at $38,000 before gaining any upward momentum. He said that this is where institutional investors might chip in once again speaking at the CNBC’s Squawk Box program on Thursday, January 5.
“I know big institutions who are going through their process to put positions on. They’re going to see those as attractive levels to buy,” said Novogratz. “On the charts, $38 [thousand], $40 [thousand] feels like where we should bottom.”
Bitcoin has been on a continuous downward trajectory over the last month. Since its all-time high of $69,000 in November, the BTC price has corrected more than 40%. Well, such massive corrections have always been part of Bitcoin’s price volatility over the last decade.
Fed Tightening the Monetary Policy
Post the Fed commentary on Wednesday, most of the asset classes have been heading downwards pretty fast. The fact that Fed is willing to tighten its monetary policy faster than expected has forced investors to move to safe-havens. Novogratz added:
“All of us, every single investor out there, has to have some part of their head that says, “Are we going into a paradigm shift, right? We’ve had this philosophy that the Fed’s gonna keep rates low forever and even now, they’re going to raise rates to 2% over two years gradually and continue to buy Treasuries for a while. So we’re in this liquidity bubble.”
The U.S. consumer inflation has surged to a staggering 6.8% in 2021. Thus, the Fed could possibly take even bold measures to keep it under check. However, Novogratz said that there’s no need to panic at this time. He further continues to remain bullish on institutional participation.
“Crypto had a monster year last year. It’s hard to think you’re going to grow to the sky nonstop. This is a pullback. We see a tremendous amount of institutional demand on the sidelines. I’m not nervous in the medium-term,” he added.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?