Bitcoin has been characterized as the digital gold that according to some bitcoin proponents is better at being gold than gold itself. Bitcoin is also predicted to surpass the $8 trillion market cap of gold and emerge as the store of value.
Now, Tuur Demeester, the Founding partner at Adamant Capital, has calculated the Bitcoin circulating supply in equivalence of Central banks’ gold reserves and shared the following data.
“The current value of Dutch Central Bank gold is about $25 billion, so in order to buy 69k BTC (the mined Bitcoin equivalent of the Dutch gold reserve) it would only need to sell 1% of its gold, i.e. 492 gold bars,” shared Demeester.
He further did a comparison of the Bitcoin still left with Mt Gox with that of the central banks’ gold reserves.
“Allows for fun comparisons, e.g.: The MtGox Trustee currently controls 137,891 BTC, which is bigger in terms of market share than the gold reserves of the Swiss central bank.”
Currently, a group of Mt. Gox creditors has banded together to create a movement called “GoxRising” with the goal of reviving the exchange and present a detailed Civil Rehabilitation plan.
The movement has been proposed by Brock Pierce who reportedly bought 12 percent stake owned by Jed McCaleb, founder of Mt. Gox for 1 BTC. “We have the rise, the fall, and it’s been in liquidation and bankruptcy in Japan for over five years. But the story is not over,” Pierce had been quoted as saying,
“Like Game of Thrones, the last season of Mt. Gox hasn’t been written. What kind of ending do we want to make for it? I’m a Joseph Campbell fan, so I’m obviously going to go with a hero’s journey, with a rise and a fall, and then a rise from the ashes like a phoenix…”
Reportedly, Pierce has no interest in the past gains of Mt. Gox but wants a happy ending of this story. Pierce also wish to start a new chapter by relaunching Mt. Gox. He further plans to offer its 20,000 creditors a stake in the future of the company.
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Breaking: Satoshi Nakamoto’s Website Gets Hacked, Scammers Run BTC Giveaway Scam
- Ripple, Solana Price Analysis: September 23, 2021
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Rolls Down The Runway Ahead Of Takeoff To $48,000
- Mike Novogratz Predicts Key Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH) Levels to Watchout For
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio
- Cardano ($ADA) Reclaims Third Spot With 13% Price Jump, Here’s Why it Can Surge Further
- Just-in: Coinbase to expand legal and compliance team Amid regulatory crackdown
- Def-2-Earn NFT Game, Knight War The Holy Trio Announces Dual IDO gearing a massive public launch