The world is less than a week into the new year, but traders on NFTs trading platform, OpenSea have already started getting the job done.
OpenSea Starts the Year Strongly
According to available data, the platform’s trading volume has recorded a significant rise since the first day of the year.
To be precise, over the last three days, the platform has recorded more than $700 million in sales. This figure places it in line for an unprecedented month in sales volume.
On January 2nd, opensea's trading volume was as high as 240 million U.S. dollars, a record high. The trading volume in December again exceeded US$3 billion. The main reason is the popularity of BAYC & MAYC again.
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) January 3, 2022
A market review indicates that this surge in trading might not be unrelated to the renewed speculative frenzy surrounding two yacht clubs: Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) and Mutant Ape Yacht Club (MAYC).
A breakdown of the platform’s outstanding performance since the turn of the year indicates that yesterday, January 3, was the most rewarding. The company recorded a massive $255.8 million worth of volume within the space of 24-hour data made available to the public by rchen8 on Dune Analytics indicates.
Interestingly, there are indications that this might be the All-Time High of the platform within 24 hours. However, while this assertion looks interesting, multiple popular onlookers, including Wu Blockchain, share the same view. Previous data states otherwise. A post by rchen8 on Dune Analytics shows that August 29 saw the all-time high (ATH) of $322 million.
In December, OpenSea’s monthly volume topped $3.24 billion and fell just 5.3% short of the platform’s ATH in August of $3.42 billion.
Much Frenzy Surrounds Bored Ape and Mutant Ape NFTs
While multiple factors can be credited for the continuous rise in trading volumes of OpenSea, it is impossible to undermine the role of the recent frenzy surrounding the BAYC and MAYC NFTs, among other projects designed by the prominent Yuga Labs.
This is because of the prominent position these projects hold on the platform. For example, MAYC sits at the top of the rank of all NFT projects when viewed from the lens of their seven-day volume on secondary markets at $93.2 million, according to data from CryptoSlam. BAYC NFTs follow closely with $88.4 million in trading volume.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?