Investor participation in the crypto market has been growing at an unprecedented rate over the last year! As a result, crypto exchange and trading platforms have been enjoying a massive rush of investors with trading volumes spiking to new highs.
The Bitcoin-focused digital asset manager – New York Digital Investment Group (NYDIG) – recently published a new survey that shows that a massive 46 million Americans are invested in Bitcoin. This is nearly 17% of the adult U.S. population, reports Newsweek.
The numbers have surely escalated faster as big players from Wall street join the Bitcoin bandwagon over the last few months. The survey includes a national sample of 1050 U.S. crypto investors with a minimum of $50,000 in annual income.
Including Bitcoin In Personal Finance and Insurance Annuities
The interesting this about the survey result was that a large number of respondents were keen enough to have Bitcoin (BTC) as part of their personal financial plans, including insurance! A massive 75% of the respondents said that they would be keen on learning about Bitcoin life insurance and Bitcoin annuities. As the Newsweek publication reports:
“The survey found great interest in Bitcoin. About half the respondents said they want to receive some or all of their insurance benefits in Bitcoin, NYDIG’s survey found. Nearly 90% said they had some interest in insurance or annuity products that have at least some indirect link to Bitcoin”.
Considering the massive volatility of Bitcoin, the idea of insurance companies investing in Bitcoin could be a bit buzz off considering insurance usually aim for stability. Although the investors’ demand is clear, it will be interesting to see how this could potentially affect the decision of investment decision of insurance providers.
The survey also asked respondents about their views if insurance carriers limited their Bitcoin exposure to under 2%. Nearly 40% called it “acceptable”, another 42% called it “okay”, and 15% said they didn’t like the idea. To generate good returns for their clients, insurance companies usually spread the risks across asset classes.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?