Per data from Token Terminal, OpenSea generated almost as much revenue from transaction fees as the Ethereum blockchain during the period. Even more impressive is the fact that OpenSea achieved the feat without a token or token incentive, the crypto market data aggregator noted.
OpenSea competing with Ethereum in fee revenue
The total revenue OpenSea made from both royalties paid to creators and transaction fees going to the protocol amounted to $74.37 million. This was only about $13.03 million less than Ethereum’s $87.39 million fee revenue in the last week the data showed.
OpenSea is almost on par with Ethereum in fee revenue in the past week. And this without a token/token incentives,” TT said.
Similarly, the NFT marketplace had an impressive run this month. According to data from the Dune Analytics dashboard created by @rchen8, total NFT sales on OpenSea in April amounted to $3.4 billion, generating approximately $282 million in fees. Notably, the marketplace is one of the largest gas consumption entities on the Ethereum marketplace.
What has been driving down Ethereum’s transaction fees?
Ethereum’s transaction fees have been reducing for a while. Back in February, Arcane research noted that Ethereum transaction fees were at their lowest in six months. The drop in fees could be due to reduced transaction demand, the report noted. But the more likely reason Arcane noted was that Layer 2 platforms were getting more adoption and shifting much of the transaction load from the main chain.
Despite this, Ethereum continues to dominate other blockchains in market share of NFT sales volume and DeFi total value.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
The presented content may include the personal opinion of the author and is subject to market condition. Do your market research before investing in cryptocurrencies. The author or the publication does not hold any responsibility for your personal financial loss.
Crypto Stories View all