Midtown, Gibraltar, 18th November, 2021,
Today, Panther Protocol has announced that it’s partnership Flare , will be expanded into Flare’s Canary network, Songbird. Flare is the world’s first Turing-complete FBA (Federated Byzantine Agreement) network, and Panther is building the interoperable privacy layer DeFi and Web3, aiming to make privacy a standard, not an afterthought.
Flare started its mission to “Unlock the Value” inherent in the 65% of blockchains that do not have native smart contracts by bringing, for the first time, true trustless usage of those tokens with scalable smart contracts and integrating Ethereum’s Virtual Machine in a scalable way.
Blockchain interoperability is without a doubt a marked trend in our industry, and Flare is taking a unique approach by incorporating bigger blockchains that need smart contracting and interoperability capabilities.
Flare and Songbird started this mission with XRP, Doge, Litecoin, Stellar and Algorand. Both parties have stated that they aim to bring new capabilities and privacy features to these projects with this collaboration.
About the partnership
Both Flare’s and Panther’s teams shared their enthusiasm about the many areas of opportunity between Panther and Songbird. Because of this, aside from defining several ways for Flare’s Songbird users to benefit from privacy features and Panther’s to receive support both from the Flare Mainnet and its Canary Network. The partnership may propel Panther towards its milestones. The partnership agreement also serves to support the development of further projects and privacy features by Panther on Songbird.
Building a privacy ecosystem
Songbird will integrate Panther’s Shielded Pools into its Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) to enable on-chain privacy for its users. Panther will deploy its privacy-preserving infrastructure on Songbird for code testing.
Thanks to these efforts, Panther users will be able to benefit from private transactions over Songbird. This is expected to increase the user base and TVL potential of Panther’s Shielded Pools.
Songbird users will be included in Panther’s staking and governance. They’ll also be able to benefit from private DeFi within the network, access selective disclosures both for retail users and institutions, and enjoy early access to Panther’s KYC/AML zero-knowledge solution on Songbird’s Institutional side.
Upon finalizing the agreement, Co-Founder and CEO Oliver Gale said: “From the first day, there was clear alignment between the founders of Panther and Flare Network around the need for privacy, compliance, security and scalability in blockchain ecosystems, and in particular those relating to institutional DeFi. In Flare and Songbird we see great ecosystem partners, innovative technology and clear action-oriented plans to mass adoption.”
Hugo Philion, Co-Founder and CEO at Flare and Songbird added “Songbird has launched to be a testbed for Flare and the most ground-breaking decentralised technologies. So we are thrilled that Panther are leveraging their zkSNARK cryptography and state of the art asset mixing technologies to deliver KYC and AML enabled privacy solutions that DeFi requires to make a giant leap forward. Stablecoins, utility tokens and NFTs can now be owned and traded with privacy whilst remaining compliant, giving sovereignty back to the user.”
Songbird is the Canary network for Flare, which is an operational blockchain with a defined token supply, similar to Polkadot’s Kusama network. Innovations and new dApp launches will happen first on Songbird and can then be rolled out on Flare after testing. This means that Songbird will often have more advanced features than Flare. Post Flare launch, Songbird is intended to be a long term network for testing governance led changes to Flare but can take it’s own path set by its own token holder mediated governance. Songbird has demonstrated phenomenal growth, having only existed for 8 weeks, it has already processed over 2.3M blocks and registered over 222K addresses.
About Panther Protocol
Panther is an end-to-end privacy protocol connecting blockchains to restore privacy in Web3 and DeFi while providing financial institutions with a clear path to competently participate in digital asset markets.
Panther provides DeFi users with fully collateralized privacy-enhancing digital assets, leveraging crypto-economic incentives and zkSNARKs technology. Users can mint zero-knowledge zAssets by depositing digital assets from any blockchain into Panther vaults. zAssets flow across blockchains via a privacy-first interchain DEX and a private metastrate. Panther envisions that zAssets will become an ever-expanding asset class for users who want their transactions and strategies the way they should always have been, private.
- Gabriella Baer
- [email protected]
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?