Peter Schiff, an American stockbroker and financial commentator, is back at bashing Bitcoin. Earlier this week, Peter Schiff and Barry Silber, co-Cofounder of Gray Scale Investments that initiated the #DropGold campaign, locked horns at the SALT conference.
While Barry Silbert argued for Bitcoin’s proposition as ‘Money better than gold,’ Peter Schiff said Bitcoin is closer to FIAT and is destined to doom. For Schiff, Gold remains to be the ultimate and the only form of money on Earth as it has been since historic times. Everything else is FIAT and is backed by something or the other, which makes it volatile but not gold.
The economic tension in the world continues to grow over the trade war, Brexit issue in Europe, weakening Italian economy, and hyperinflation of developing economies. As the global economic tension builds, the growth in equity and stock markets is expected to turn negative. This environment is said to be a ‘risk-off’ as investors turn to more stable returns with bonds and gold.
#Gold just had the best 3 trading days (+3.5%) since #Brexit.
Moreover, the recent surge in the gold price and a dip in Bitcoin [BTC] in ‘risk off environment’ might suggest that Bitcoin hasn’t gained gold’s status just yet. Peter Schiff tweeted on 5 June 2019,
Looks like the
#Bitcoin pumpers are right about one thing. Bitcoin is indeed a non-correlated “asset.” When investors are taking risk off, they are likely to sell Bitcoin. But when they are putting risk back on, they are just as likely to keep selling Bitcoin.
Furthermore, if the economic conditions improve with federal policies and favorable outcomes, investors are likely to move back to the equity markets rather than Bitcoin [BTC]. Peter Schiff can only perceive a check-mate situation for Bitcoin from here.
Nevertheless, Bitcoin has risen exponentially w.r.t. to Gold over the past decade. Moreover, gold is experiencing an eight-year-long bear market which hasn’t reversed its momentum yet, apart from short terms increase influenced by world events.
On the other hand, Bitcoin has been on the rise despite global events, while part of it can be attributed to speculation; the belief in the electronic ledger has increased nonetheless.
Do you think that investors will #DropGold and buy Bitcoin, or it will continue as is has over the last century? Please share your views with us.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?