PlanB, the creator of the Stock-to-Flow (S2F) model, says the expected Bitcoin (BTC) price to touch $100k in December 2021 failed because it was already in a bear market since April 2021.
Currently, the Bitcoin (BTC) price is creating a bottom as we are witnessing strong pressure in the Bitcoin market. The bull market will soon follow.
PlanB Postulates the Next Bull Market
Previously in 2021, PlanB predicted $100k in December 2021 based on the Stock-to-Flow model. However, the BTC price moves into the bear market after making a high of almost $69k in November. Since then, the price has made a low of $26,350 on May 12.
PlanB now says the pressure seen in the market is a result of Bitcoin (BTC) forming a new bottom. As per new data shared, the BTC price is expected to form a bottom in the next half of 2022, possibly in October. Thereafter, a bull market will start, pushing prices towards 100k.
“Dec 2021 I was still hoping for a 2nd leg of the bull market. But in Q1 2022 it became clear that this bitcoin bull market was over. We entered a bear market since Apr 2021 peak (yes ATH was Nov 2021). Now we are creating a bottom. Then a new bull market will start. BTC cycles.”
Notable analysts such as Peter Brandt and Michaël van de Poppe had also shared the same scenario. Recently, Peter Brandt had suggested a bottom near the $27,000 level from where a rally could be seen. Michaël van de Poppe also thinks the Bitcoin (BTC) price could slip around the $28,000 level for a fresh bullish recovery.
Moreover, a buildup of short positions and liquidation of long positions for quite some time now explains the price momentum. Whales’ buying and selling are currently maintaining the price near the $30,000 level.
Price Forecast Based on the Bitcoin Mid-Halving Correction
Bitcoin mid-halving correction on April 11 was an important event to determine the upcoming price trends. According to the data, the BTC price could move into a long bear market if the price fails to surpass the $50k level. Currently, Bitcoin is moving exactly as per the historical price trend. Moreover, the recent crypto market crash indicates the Bitcoin (BTC) price has moved into a bear market.
The model also indicates a Bitcoin rally after October, possibly at the end of the year. That could mean the BTC price will continue to trade in the range of 32k-27k level and investors have to wait a little longer to make fresh entries.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%