Polkadot (DOT) continues its rally further gaining Another 6% in the last 24 hours and moving closer to $45. As of press time, DOT is trading at 4.83% up at a price of $43.57 and a market cap of $43.02 billion. The DOT price has gained more than 30% in the last three days after Polkadot announced that it is ready for the parachain launch.
On-chain data provide Santiment reports that following the recent price rally, the euphoria around DOT has skyrocketed significantly as Polkadot (DOT) sets its eye for a new all-time high above $49.25. With this recent price rally, DOT has broken away from the broader altcoin space that has been consolidating for a while now.
Passing the Motion for Open Parachain Auctions
Polkadot said that its parachain auctions will start next month onwards. In a further update, Polkadot said that its governing council has passed the motion for open parachain auctions. however, it’s still waiting to be passed via a public referendum. The team also notes:
Referendum 39 is currently up for a community vote, if passed it will schedule the first auction to take place on November 11, 2021 [a little over 26 days]. Reminder for those wishing to take part in auctions, the unbonding period on Polkadot is 28 days.
The official page states that parachains will connect with the Polkadot blockchain by leasing a slot with the Relay Chain for 96 weeks at a time. All the parachain slots shall be assigned through an on-chain auction. The winners of these slots shall be locked un in a bond in DOT for the leasing period.
This development is likely to further incentivize more players to land on the Polkadot blockchain while gaining broader community support. The Polkadot parachains have been long sought by the market and will exponentially increase the scalability of the platform giving rival Ethereum a tough fight.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?