Polygon’s native token, MATIC, continued its bullish rise, with its price rising up by over 50% to reach $0.5987 in the last 7 days. MATIC is also up by 21% in the last 24 hours.
Last night, Coinbase announced the integration of Polygon, which exposes MATIC to a bigger pool of traders.
What Is Causing Polygon’s Upward Trend
Coinbase announced that they would support the buying and selling of ETH, USDC, and MATIC on Polygon. In the announcement, Coinbase’s director of product management, Nemin Dalal, pointed to the skyrocketing gas fees on Ethereum as the main reason for the move.
He also cited the time and complexity required to move crypto across networks. He believes that the integration can reduce this time and cost to a fraction of what it takes in other exchanges.
FTX also recently announced the availability of USDC on the Polygon network on their exchange.
Another reason for MATIC’s rise is the achievement of its long-term goal of carbon neutrality. Bentley Motors announced its plunge into the NFT market with a one-time NFT drop through the blockchain. They also mentioned Polygon’s carbon neutrality as an important factor in their choice.
Polygon’s recently released Identity Proofs which allows users to vote on proposals without disclosing their identity might also have helped MATIC’s cause. The move leans further into the decentralized nature of blockchain technology.
The token is also seeing increased accumulation by whales after a substantial drop in prices this year.
Could The Integration Help Coinbase?
Recently, Coinbase’s share took a downturn when Binance.US announced zero fees for spot trading of some cryptocurrencies. Polygon’s integration by Coinbase might have come as a response to the stiff competition that Coinbase is facing from other exchanges. Coinbase also announced that it would also support the trade of USDC on Solana.
Coinbase’s shares rose 13% on Thursday.
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077