The broader cryptocurrency market has recovered from the weekend carnage extended through Monday. However, one cryptocurrency which shows that fastest and most promising recovery is Polygon’s MATIC.
The MATIC cryptocurrency has gained more than 20% and is currently trading at a price of $2.31 with a market cap of $16.2 billion. Along with Terra’s LUNA, Polygon’s MATIC has been one of the top performers even during the recent market rout.
Currently, the MATIC price is pretty close to its all-time high of $2.45 and we can possibly see it coming anytime soon. The recent rally in the MATIC price comes on the backdrop of some positive developments taking place on the Ethereum Layer 2 protocol.
Polygon Likely to Raise $150 from VCs
As per the latest report from Tech Crunch, a group of venture capital investors is looking to back Polygon with funding anywhere between $50-$150 million. Some of the biggest names in the space like Sequoia Capital India and Steadview Capital are looking to make investments in Polygon through its MATIC tokens.
Polygon, the Layer-2 Ethereum scaling solution, has gained major traction amid the exploding Defi activity on the Ethereum blockchain and the rising gas fee. Polygon helps to address most of the scalability issues faced by Ethereum by charging very low transaction fees.
Due to its recent performance, major funds and VC groups have shown interest in investing in Polygon recently.
Polygon Focusing on ZK Cryptography
Although Polygon has gained much of the market traction, it is pushing further the boundaries of scalability on the Ethereum blockchain. Currently, Polygon is focusing majorly upon ZK cryptography as the most promising solution to scale on the Ethereum blockchain.
The team is conducting the “Polygon zk day” ahead this week on December 9. Some of the popular personalities like Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin shall be joining to discuss the current state and future of zk-STARKs and applications of Zero-Knowledge proofs. This could be another reason fueling the price of MATIC in recent times.
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?