On Tuesday, May 24, one of the most widely used and popular cryptocurrency wallet MetaMask announced that it shall be integrating Coinbase Pay. The announcement came soon after Coinbase said that it’s allowing Web 3 developers to integrate its payment platform into their dApps.
This makes MetaMask the first external wallet integration for Coinbase Pay. The announcement reads:
“We’ll soon be integrating Coinbase Pay into MetaMask as a method of transferring & purchasing crypto. @Coinbase is launching this integration with MetaMask first as they roll out to the web3 ecosystem! This integration is another step towards our goal of making crypto easier to purchase within MetaMask.”
The Coinbase Pay integration will roll out to MetaMask users in the coming weeks. After that, users can use their existing crypto balance from their Coinbase account and purchase crypto swiftly using the payment info saved in their accounts such as bank accounts or debit cards.
Coinbase Pay for Web 3 Developers
In order to facilitate easy transfer of funds across the Web 3 ecosystem, Coinbase announced its Coinbase Pay platform earlier this month. The goal was to bring seamless crypto payments systems across different verticals of crypto such as DeFi, NFTs, etc.
Despite the recent explosion in the worlds of DeFi and NFTs, it’s expensive for new retail players to dive into these market segments. Customers have to go through a complex process of manual crypto sends, log into different dApps, and copy their wallet addresses which makes them vulnerable to errors. Coinbase Pay seeks to solve most of these customer problems. As explained by Coinbase:
Coinbase Pay is the powerful new way to purchase or transfer crypto to a wallet or dapp in a few clicks to be ready to dive into DeFi or purchase an NFT.
Customers can use their existing crypto balances or purchase new crypto using the payment information saved to their Coinbase accounts, such as debit cards and bank accounts. This simplified fiat-to-crypto conversion makes the world of web3 far more intuitive and accessible.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%