Global Chief Investment Officer, Scott Minerd, has given his take on what the future holds for world’s leading cryptocurrency, Bitcoin. Speaking to CNBC Squawk Box in a recent interview, he projected a downward movement for Bitcoin.
Bitcoin Price Might Continue To Go Downhill
Still in the wake of a disturbing moment for Bitcoin, a few positives and negatives can be drawn.
On the bad side, bitcoin is predicted to fall even more after an inverse movement between price and hashrate was spotted, leading to a potential future downhill.
On the good side though, the idea of regarding Bitcoin as a speculative asset would shift into that of a store of value. That way, there would be less need to sell, ending the bull run. Despite all of the negativity, there has been speculation of a bearish market. 63,000 worth of Bitcoin assets are expiring by May 27.
Why Minerd Thinks Bitcoin Can Dip Further
Minerd, in a live interview, aired by CNBC has predicted a further downfall for Bitcoin. According to him, Bitcoin has had consistent breaks below the $30,000 mark and with $8,000 the ultimate bottom, all indications suggest a downward movement.
He also points out the feds being more restrictive as a contributing factor to the downside. He debunked the belief that all currencies and cryptocurrencies are solid. He explicitly made a bold statement that most currencies and cryptocurrencies are junk and garbage respectively.
He believes there are 19,000 cryptocurrencies but isn’t convinced with the state of things. He likened the present situation to the canary in the coal mine and further drew inspiration from the internet bubble when asked who were likely going to be the biggest winners.
During the internet bubble, he claimed Yahoo and American Online were easily regarded as the biggest winners until an evolution of technology. No One envisaged Amazon to be a winner simply because they didn’t exist. His guess is crypto would be the same. With the introduction of more cryptocurrencies, he feels anything can happen though he backed Ethereum and Bitcoin to be survivors. He admits stablecoins to be interesting projects moving forward.
He believes in a crypto-driven future but states that necessary measures must be taken. He accused cryptocurrencies of not living up to the key elements of a currency; store value, medium of exchange and unit of account and suggested a regulatory board similar to Hong-Kong.
- Shiba Inu Emerges As Top Choice Of ETH Whales; Here’s Why
- Just-In: Shiba Inu Will Release New Token, Here’s How To Earn It
- Breaking: China Court Rules Restrictions On USDT, Here’s Why
- After Market Turmoil, USDC Issuer Circle Comes Clean Hinting No Liquidity Risks
- Just In: More Trouble For India’s Crypto Ecosystem With Latest Enforcement
- Is Celsius (CEL) Next To File Bankruptcy After Voyager, Three Arrows
- Bitcoin Hovers Around 20K; Will It Recover?
- Lido Staked ETH (stETH) Close To Ethereum Price, Why It’s Good For Crypto
- Ethereum (ETH) Recovery To $1.1K A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s Why
- In June 2022, Bitcoin (BTC) Recorded the Worst Monthly Performance In History, Now What?
- MANA Price Analysis: Will Triangle Breakout Propel Market Price by 40%?
- Solana Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Bolster SOL Above $42.5
- BNB Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Breakout Aims BNB to Surpass $300
- APE Price Analysis: $5.6 Breakout May Trigger Bullish Reversal pattern
- CRV Price analysis: Rising $CRV Knockout $0.86 Resistance; is $1 Next?
- Polygon Price Analysis: 20 EMA Resistance Pressurize MATIC for $0.45 Breakdown
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655