In a big blow to Ripple, Matt Hamilton, Principal Developer Advocate, has decided to leave the company. In a blog post, Matt announced his farewell citing ‘personal problems’. He said that this decision might come as a bit of shock but tomorrow will be his last day with the Ripple. However, Matt conveyed that he will still be involved in the XRP Ledger community.
Matt stepping down to support his family
Ripple and its XRP token have been in the headlines for its lawsuit against the U.S SEC. The last few years have been difficult for the company but still, they have managed to secure step-by-step wins to ensure that they are in the game.
Matt Hamilton joined Ripple at the beginning of 2021 as the Director of Develor relations to expand and develop the XRP ecosystem.
Matt mentioned that he will be stepping down from his role at Ripple to focus on supporting his family and helping his wife recover. Meanwhile, he hinted that he is not leaving the XRP Ledger community although he may be available to a lesser degree for a while.
Some news: I’m leaving @Ripple.
What?! Whoa! Yes, I know it is a bit of a shock. Tomorrow will be my last day.
Let me explain… https://t.co/9YErhQue06
— Matt Hamilton (@HammerToe) March 16, 2022
Former-Principal Developer Advocate highlighted some of the projects he contributed in for Ripple in his tenure. He mentioned launching and hosting the RippleXDev Twitch channel, the launch of the XRP Ledger Grants program, XRPL Hackathons, and many more projects.
Ripple to roll out 1 Billion XRP for Devs
In another big development, Ripple will be giving out 1 billion of its XRP tokens (worth approx $785 million) as grants for developers to create projects. The Information reported that Ripple will distribute these tokens over the next 10 to 20 years.
Recently, Ripple bought back all the shares it sold in its Series C funding round. The company’s native token XRP is trading at an average price of $0.78, at the press time. XRP has registered a surge of 2% in the last 24 hours. As per the CoinMarketCap, XRP is positioned at the 6th spot with a total market value of $37.7 billion.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5