Ripple scaled several resistance levels after the drop to $0.8 last week. The upswing coincided with another win bagged by Ripple Lab attorneys against the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the ongoing lawsuit.
The US SEC was seeking access to Ripple’s communication records when it inquired about the sale of XRP tokens. Judge Sarah ruled to uphold Ripple’s client-attorney privilege, dealing the SEC another blow.
Following the win, Ripple’s price lifted above $1 and brushed shoulders with $1.1. However, the uptrend slowed down, forcing bulls to seek refuge at $1. Meanwhile, XRP has balanced price action at this level, while buyers look forward to a potentially massive breakout.
Ripple eyes extensive upswing on breaking key technical resistance
The international money transfer token is dancing within the confines of an ascending triangle. This popular and highly bullish technical pattern often forms within an uptrend. However, the pattern has a bullish impulse even when it appears amidst a downtrend.’
As the two trend lines converge, the consolidation nears an end. On the other hand, the ascending lows insinuate that bulls are getting stronger. A break occurs before the lines meet and is characterized by an uptick in trading volume. Triangles have clear breakout measured from the highest to the lowest points. For example, Ripple could swing 34%b higher to trade around $1.44 if the pattern on the chart matures as expected.
XRP/USD four-hour chart
The sluggish price action is punctuated by the Relative Strength Index (RSI) and will likely last longer. Similarly, the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) indicator does not have a defined signal; thus, bullish and bearish forces seem to cancel out, explaining the consolidation at $1.
Ripple intraday levels
Spot rate: $1
Support: $0.9 and $0.8
Resistance: $1.1 and $1.2
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%