Ripple has now announced the release of XRP ledger’s latest version that is 1.2.0. This new version, according to the official announcement, introduces the MultisignReserve Amendment that will reduce the reserve requirement associated with signer lists for Multisign.
MultiSignReserve Amendment “reduces the owner reserve counted against your XRP Ledger account when it owns a multi-signing SignerList. Without this amendment, the owner reserve for a SignerList ranges from 15 to 50 XRP, depending on the number of signers in the list. With this amendment enabled, the owner reserve for a new SignerList is 5 XRP, regardless of the number of signers.”
Furthermore, the version 1.2.0 also includes incremental improvements to the “code that handles offers in the decentralized exchange,” that is fixTakerDryOfferRemoval and fix1578 Amendments.
In the former amendment, a bug in auto-bridging that can leave a dry offer in the XRP Ledger is fixed. A dry offer is an offer that, if crossed, cannot yield any funds.
Upgrade the Latest Version by Feb 27
Further talking about the benefit of censorship resistance in decentralized blockchain technologies, it shares, “Already highly resistant to censorship attempts, with the release of version 1.2.0 of the XRP Ledger, servers now have the ability to automatically detect transaction censorship attempts and issue warnings of increasing severity for transactions that a server believes should have been included in a closed ledger after several rounds of consensus.”
With the release of the “XRP Ledger (rippled) version 1.2.0,” if you operate an XRP Ledger server, according to the announcement, you should upgrade your version by February 27 in order to ensure service continuity.
On the failure to upgrade to the latest version means your servicer cannot determine the validity of a ledger, submit or process transactions, participate in the consensus process, and vote on future amendments. It also faces the risk of relying on potentially invalid data.
In another event, Ripple’s ecosystem initiative to support blockchain companies, Xspring has invested in XRP Tip Bot developer Wietse Wind’s XRPL labs. The decision was taken due to “His creative approach, leadership, and ability to engage developers were key differentiators in our decision to invest.”
On the price front, the 3rd largest cryptocurrency has been trading at $0.304 with 24-hours loss of 1.51 percent, at press time.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?