For spot traders, there will be no better gift than Ripple (XRP) prices recovering and rebounding from H2 2019 losses. For perspective, XRP is down 37% year-to-date, trading at 21 cents and far from the 85 cents mark that XRP had soared to in September 2018.
So far, it has been a steep, painful downtrend for most XRP holders but there is a relief on the way. A quick scan of XRP movement as recorded by XRPL Monitor, a site that monitors XRPL public transactions, points to bulk movement of XRP by Ripple Inc., the for-profit company behind xRapid, xCurrent and xVia.
Curbing Falsified Trading Volumes
Captured, Ripple returned 1 billion XRPs to escrow, turning away purchasers and sending them to the retail market.
— Leonidas Hadjiloizou (@LeoHadjiloizou) December 2, 2019
This, as per observers, is in line with what Ripple Inc. had succinctly mentioned in their Q2 2019 report. In June 2019, Ripple stated that they will reduce their XRP sales to curb what they had termed as falsified and inflated trading volumes as highlighted by a report by Messari. To that end, they re-evaluated their sources of legitimate trading volumes, settling for CryptoCompare’s Top Tier (CCTT) as their benchmark.
XRP Sales Dropped in Q3 2019
Ripple Inc also announced that they will take a more conservative approach going forward, substantially lowering the amount of XRP sales to third-parties. Because of this decision, in Q3 2019, the amount of XRP sold drastically dropped to $66 million from $251 million in the previous quarter.
Also, it also emerged that at some point in Q3 2019, they stopped their programmatic sales of XRP and instead started focusing more on over-the-counter sales. Their goal was to strengthen and develop strong partnerships with firms advancing their objectives of increasing their presence in SE Asia and EMEA.
Claims of Price Manipulation
With this decision, Ripple is keen on taking back control, matching customer demand and deliberately controlling the amount of XRP in circulation. The move, given the steep losses and bleeding investors, could be a shot in the arm for XRP bulls.
It doesn't take much to make a strong case that XRP is a scam given the widening discrepancy between the daily good news/developments & price. A constantly manipulated price is a type of scam, esp. when that manipulation is not possible without Ripple's acquiescence.
— nrad (@nrad1975) November 27, 2019
Already, a section of the vocal XRP community was concerned of what they termed as a dump and suppression of prices by Ripple Inc, the majority owners of the third most valuable coin. Brad Garlinghouse, the CEO of Ripple Inc., explained that their sales of XRP was to support their expansion and strike valuable partners in their zones of interest.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?