Ripple is focused on creating the Internet of value by using Interledger Protocol (ILP) with their system and using XRP. Through Xpring, Ripple is already invested in ILP having developed Coil and XRP tip Bot.
Moving more money & value across borders
Recently, Ripple enthusiast Steven Diep shared a video of Ripple VP, Cory Johnson talking about working with Interledger Protocol (ILP) using XRP to move more value across borders.
275+ contributors, including Bank of England, Saudi Central Bank, Google and many other companies, are working on Interledger Protocol. Ripple is in the think of using ILP with their software using #XRP to more value across borders.
Cory Johnson @ Ripple pic.twitter.com/pCFt9RshGw
— Steven Diep (@DiepSanh) October 9, 2018
Interledger is basically an open protocol suite for sending payments across different ledgers. Now, Johnson states Ripple is using the open-source protocol Interledger Protocol that connects all those different ledgers which is being worked on by lots of individuals and community groups.
Johnson further shares in his speech that over 250 contributors are involved in it. Banks, central banks such as the Bank of England, Saudi bank along with payment companies are also part of this. Moreover, big tech companies such as Google and consultancy companies, and blockchain companies are also working on ILP.
However, he states the thing is “Ripple is right in the thick of using this ILP with our software and using XRP to move money, move value across borders.”
Ripple focused on Interledger protocol to create an internet of value
The mission is simple, “To create an internet of value.” He says, we have internet of data that has changed the world but we are missing a crucial component of moving value.
“With interledger protocol and with ripple software and using XRP we have created an internet of value,” explains Johnson.
He further mentions that they have already 100 customers rolled in this and that they are adding more customers “every week”.
Ripple has actually launched Xpring that focus on Interledger Protocol. At this “Ripple’s ecosystem initiative”, they are focused on supporting developers and projects building both infrastructure and applications in the Interledger ecosystem.
At the beginning of this month, the co-inventor of Interledger and lead engineer at Xpring, Evan Schwartz shared in his post that “the early Interledger network is optimized for micropayment use cases and trustless trading cryptocurrencies natively across blockchains.”
A few of the instances of infrastructure and application build with ILP involves Coil, a subscription service for supporting web content creators underpinned by Interledger micropayments and the proposed Web Monetization standard. Ilp.ix, a mlab project, which is an XRP peering exchange that helps connectors find and connect to one another. And XRP Tip Bot that enables Twitter, Reddit, and Discord users to tip one another using XRP and IP.
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?