At a recent event, David Schwartz, Ripple Chief Cryptographer, live demonstrated the settlement of cross-border in 2 minutes. Currently, Ripple price at $0.683 level, Ripple recently made the headlines for its Xpring initiative and successful xRapid pilot test.
Ripple xRapid live demo for cross-border settlement
The Chief Cryptographer of Ripple, David Schwartz live demonstrated xRapid at the Consensus event. Recently released, the video shows the demo of the transaction occurring.
xRapid is one of the products of Ripple that provides cross-border payment solution. It uses XRP ledger for the transactions to close a settlement in 2 to 3 minutes with a receipt.
Ripple is one of the most popular and active cryptocurrencies in the crypto space. It has achieved quite a success with its number of products viz. xCurrent, xRapid, and xVia. The cryptocurrency is certainly moving towards the mass adoption as it proves its worth for the finance industry.
The team is working towards its real-life uses that will further drive its value. Currently, Ripple price is at $0.683 with the market cap of $26 billion.
xRapid came into the limelight when recently, it made headlines for successfully completing its pilot test between the US and Mexico within 2 to 3 minutes while cutting down the cost 40 to 70 percent.
Also, read: Apple Co-founder Steve Wozniak Expects Ethereum to Dominate the Crypto Market
xRapid, Xpring & XRP volatility
At the event, the demonstration was made to the live audience to show the way the technology allows speedy and secured payment exchanges.
As for the working of the xRapid, first, two financial institutions need to be connected directly to the exchange. After that, the currency needs to be liquidated into XRP which is then converted into the destination currency.
This results in faster and cheaper cross-border payment that is also easier to manage by attaching the memos on it.
The demonstration at Consensus was conducted by David Schwartz which involved sending 100 USD into Mexican Pesos amounting to 1975 MXN. It took about 2 minutes for the transaction to complete which was saved in the XRP ledger as well. In the traditional system, it usually takes 2-3 days to settle such payments.
At this event itself, Schwartz also talked about the volatility of Ripple which shouldn’t’ be a matter of concern for the users of xRapid product because they are not obligated to use it. This means in order to use the services of the Ripple, users don’t have to invest in XRP.
A few days back, Ripple also announced an initiative of Xpring through which Ripple would fund the ICO startups instead of raising it via crowdsourcing.
According to Ripple, Xpring will invest in those serious projects that make use of XRP and its blockchain technology. This step would help Ripple in creating a diverse ecosystem.
What are your views on xRapid? Do you think these developments would take Ripple price to new heights? Share your thoughts with us!
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?