The Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine on Monday launched the “Aid For Ukraine” initiative to help the Ukraine government raise $200 million in Bitcoin and crypto donations. The crypto community has already donated nearly $51 million to help Ukraine fight the Russian invasion.
To streamline the donations, the Ukrainian government launched a website, which is powered by crypto staking platform Everstake, in collaboration with crypto exchanges FTX and Kuna.
Crypto Assistance to Ukraine
The “Aid For Ukraine” aims to raise funds for humanitarian aid programs for the people impacted by the war. Also, to help the Armed Forces of Ukraine to align military equipment and supplies in their resistance to the Russian army.
The government seeks donations in crypto as well as fiat to the fundraising account of the National Bank of Ukraine. Crypto exchanges convert the donations received into fiat and send the donations to the National Bank of Ukraine. The website reads:
“This marks the first-ever example of a cryptocurrency exchange directly cooperating with a public financial entity to provide a conduit for crypto donations.”
The donations in cryptocurrencies can be made in BTC, ETH, USDT, DOT, SOL, DOGE, XMR, ICX, and NEO. The first million raised in SOL have already been transferred for the military needs of the Ukrainian government.
For fiat donations, the government accepts donations in USD, Euro, GBP, Australian dollar, and Canadian dollar.
In response to the “Aid For Ukraine,” Ukraine’s Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Digital Transformation Mykhailo Fedorov, said:
“Every helmet, bulletproof vest and night vision device save the lives of Ukrainian soldiers. Thus, we must continue to support our defenders. Thanks so much for everyone from the crypto community for supporting Ukraine!”
Other Aid for Ukraine
Ukraine has been receiving donations in crypto and fiat since the start of the war. Ukraine’s Vice-Prime Minister Mykhailo Fedorov tweeted the wallet addresses asking for donations in BTC, ETH, and USDT. He also requests crypto exchanges to block Russian accounts.
Stand with the people of Ukraine
Now accepting cryptocurrency donations. Ethereum. Bitcoin and Tether (USDTtrc20)
BTC — 357a3So9CbsNfBBgFYACGvxxS6tMaDoa1P
ETH — 0x165CD37b4C644C2921454429E7F9358d18A45e14
USDT (trc20) — TEFccmfQ38cZS1DTZVhsxKVDckA8Y6VfCy
— Mykhailo Fedorov (@FedorovMykhailo) February 26, 2022
On March 4, Alex Bornyakov, Deputy Minister of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, said that Ukraine has received nearly $50 million in crypto donations in light of the Russian invasion. From which, 69% was used for army support and the remaining for humanitarian and general aid.
Other organizations including United Nations have also raised funds for the humanitarian aid of Ukraine.
On Tuesday, U.S. President Joe Biden signed a $1.5 trillion bill ‘Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2022’ from which $13.6 billion will be sent in support for Ukraine to fight the Russian invasion.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3