SBI Holdings, the parent company of the SBI Group in Japan, has established a cryptocurrency mining firm. SBI Mining Chip Co., Ltd., will engage in the development of Bitcoin (and Cryptocurrency) mining chips and hardware. The head office of the SBIMC is in Minato-ku, Tokyo with Adam Traidman heading the entity.
Adam Traidman is the former CEO of the BRD (Breadwinner AG), which built the Bread Wallet for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Adam Traidman has worked for NASA as well. He has also served as the President and CEO of Chip Estimate Corporation.
The announcement also noted that:
The development and manufacturing will be conducted together with a relationship between a large semiconductor enterprise in the U.S.
SBI holdings Crypto-Ventures
Japan’s SBI holdings have been a forerunner in implementing and adopting Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies in the Eastern Hemisphere. Especially, Ripple and SBI holdings have established successful payment ventures over the years. SBI holdings have a long-standing partnership with Ripple.
Yoshitaka Kitao, the CEO of SBI holdings had noted that:
There is basically no value for Bitcoin. The fact that Bi coins are going to be used more and more in practical use is not easy when it comes to that price. So I think that ‘XRP’ in the crypto world is probably the number one crypto asset.
Recently, SBI holdings also released details of its stake in the MoneyTap App that is a mobile payment app for domestic and international payments. The App is based on Blockchain ledger. SBI Holdings also invested in Tangem to foster the growth of Blockchain in Japan.
With Institutions like SBI Holdings investing in Mining, do you think the mining business still has potential? Please share your views with us.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?