2021 is the year when Bitcoin ETFs may be a reality as many noted firms like Grayscale, Galaxy Digital, Kryptonian, VanEck etc. are already competing for First Bitcoin ETF in US. It is notable that SEC is on a timeline and is expected to reply with yes or no by first week of May to VanEck’s Bitcoin ETF Proposal. In a notice uploaded on SEC website dated 22nd April, 2021, SEC has already started looking into Krptonian Bitcoin ETF application.
Can Gary Gensler Finally Make Bitcoin ETF A Reality?
Bitcoin ETF applications are not new to SEC as over the years they have rejected multiple Bitcoin ETF applications. While this year, SEC is operating under leadership of newly appointed chief Gary Gensler and crypto community is expecting positive results.
Gary is pro crypto and hails from a background of strong cryptocurrency understanding as he has taught crypto courses at MIT. He is also a noted admirer of Blockchain technology and believes in cryptocurrencies as useful financial instruments.
SEC commissioner Hester Pierce has already confirmed that Bitcoin ETF will get a fresh look under Mr. Gensler’s leadership. Speaking to FOX she accepted that Canada is already leading way in Bitcoin ETF market and said,
“Frankly, Canada is ahead of us now, they not only have bitcoin exchange-traded products, but they have exchange-traded products based on Ether.”
It is to be noted that Ethereum is is currently the second-largest crypto-asset behind bitcoin with a market cap of nearly $300 billion, as tracked by Coindesk.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?