The infamous SEC Chief, Gary Gensler is back at it with more remarks on the need for regulations in the decentralized industry. Chair Gensler remotely spoke at the Digital Asset Compliance and Market Integrity (DACOM) Summit, asserting the need for crypto exchange platforms to get registered with the SEC in lieu of consumer protection. He even offered that the commission is ready to have discussion of themes like token custody with the exchanges.
However, Gensler reiterated that upon failure to meet the laws laid down by the SEC, crypto platforms may face regulatory wrath. The present SEC Chief, Gary Gensler was facing the former SEC Chairman, Jay Clayton at the DACOM Summit, where Gensler said that the crypto exchange platforms should “Work with us (SEC)”. Additionally, both SEC Chiefs claimed that they see a productive future for crypto, however, not without an “environment of trust.”
Gensler noted that “These platforms need to come in get registered, come within the investor protection remit.”
SEC Chiefs on Unregulated Crypto Businesses
Jay Clayton pointed out Gensler’s widely criticised comment where he levied crypto as the “Wild West”. In his defence, Gensler argued that his comments were in fact in reference to the Wild Cat banking era. He said that his intension was to compare crypto’s unregulated token minting to that of the Wild Cat era where multiple unregistered institutions issued their own currencies in the U.S. However, Wild Cat caused for the Dollar to become centralised along with creation of the central bank.
“There’s a lot of projects that have entrepreneurs raising money in the crypto markets and turning to gatekeepers, lawyers to track paperwork, saying, ‘how do we skirt by the authorities?’ and I don’t think that’s the right approach, but that’s similar to the Wild West,”, Gensler argued.
Towards the end of Q3, CoinGape had reported on Gensler’s stern warning against unregulated crypto exchanges. Gensler claimed that unregulated crypto markets and companies operating outside the regulatory purview “will not end well”, further arguing that compliance with the SEC’s rules shall pave the path to success.
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?