Popularly known self-proclaimed bitcoin creator, Craig Wright has spoken on his intentions of creating bitcoin and the major functionalities that bitcoin was originally created to provide.
Craig Wright in a recent interview revealed that when he created bitcoin about a decade ago, he had created it to be in sync with government policies and wasn’t meant to act as a store of gold, which goes against the popular believe that bitcoin is digital gold. He further maintained that bitcoin was created to achieve a micropayment and commercial internet use. According to Craig, Bitcoin was designated to provide rapid power settlements and security systems.
Bitcoin Was Designed To Comply With Regulations
Speaking on the general belief of what bitcoin has become in just over ten years, Craig confirmed that influencers, which he referred to as “other camp” several times during the interview were the guys who wanted bitcoin to be a store of value and outside government. However, according to Craig, “that’s not bitcoin.”
Craig has taken any available opportunity within the last few months to declare himself the popularly known anonymous Satoshi Nakamoto. As Craig gradually earns himself the personality of the unknown Satoshi, he has recently tried to prove his right to ownership of the bitcoin network by revealing that some “virgin bitcoins” are still locked up within the bitcoin network, to which he would have access in May 2020.
Bitcoin Performs Beyond Expectations
Bitcoin may have overachieved over the last decade of its existence and future achievements are still impossibly to adequately quantify. Constantly used as a medium of exchange, peer-to-peer mode of settlement, and a convenient store of value, bitcoin has landed its price at levels that even Craig obviously didn’t imagine.
Bitcoin had a rough week. Its price had slumped by 10%, shedding around $550 in the process. PresntlyAlthough bitcoin being outside government has attracted regulatory bodies and governments to go against its use in many ways, the cryptocurrency still finds a way to keep its head above waters.
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?