SHIBA INU ($SHIB), the tenth-largest cryptocurrency broke many records last night as it set a new all-time-high (ATH) of $0.00008845. $SHIB not just surpassed the market cap of Dogecoin ($DOGE) during its mammoth rally, it also managed to climb to the seventh spot overtaking XRP briefly. However, the altcoin has started to show signs of wear down. The price retraced nearly 50% from ATH earlier this morning falling to the sub $0.000057 level.
$SHIB has started to show signs of recovery again as it managed to climb back above $0.000065 at the time of writing. The altcoin came close to erasing another zero from its price before the price slump began.
Over the past 24-hours, the SHIBA INU frenzy took social media by storm, generating one million tweets for the meme currency. October turned out quite auspicious for the altcoin as it managed to mimic a similar rally to that of $DOGE in May, rising nearly 1000% for the month.
SHIBA INU Up by 60,000,000% in 2021
Dogecoin made many millionaires in the first quarter of 2021, and $SHIB seems to be following in its footsteps and now it has overtaken $DOGE to become the number one meme currency. The altcoin is up 60,000,000% over the past year. One wallet that invested $8,000 in $SHIB in August last year is now worth $5.7 billion.
This wallet bought roughly $8,000 of $SHIB last August.
It's now worth $5.7 billion.
From $8,000 to $5.7 billion in roughly 400 days.
We may actually be looking at the greatest individual trade of all time. pic.twitter.com/LtdgQ83bKP
— Morning Brew ☕️ (@MorningBrew) October 27, 2021
$SHIB also broke down several exchanges across the world and the most notable Coinbase, one of the largest crypto exchanges in the world. Usually, crypto exchanges face such a situation during a market crash, but SHIBA INU single-handedly brought down a public crypto exchange as more traders continued to pour their money into the meme currency.
Traders are also moving their $SHIB away from exchanges into cold wallets in hopes for the bull run to continue. At a time when the rest of the crypto market is in red and consolidating from yesterday’s flash crash, $SHIB continues to pave its own way. Looking at the current momentum and social media frenzy, the altcoin could potentially eliminate another zero from its price before reaching a market top.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?