Solana ($SOL), the eighth-largest cryptocurrency by market cap has continued its bullish burst as it posted another all-time-high earlier today reaching $120. The new ATH comes just a day after $SOL breached the $100 barrier for the first time. The altcoin registered a 22% price surge over the past 24-hours even when the rest of the crypto markets moved sideways with the dominant bearish sentiment.
Solana extended its weekly gains to over 50% at a time when most of the crypto market’s weekly gains are in red. $SOL’s phenomenal run began in August and it has nearly seen a 4X rise in the past month itself making it one of the fastest-growing altcoin. It was also the first crypto token to reach a new ATH post-May market crash.
Solana’s Crowd Sentiment Record Rare Highs
The crowd sentiment around the eight largest crypto tokens is highly bullish as evident from the Santiment data which indicated that the Weighted sentiment has surpassed the 4 deviations above mean which is a rare occurrence. According to Santiment, the project is seeing hype to a level that very few crypto projects see.
The hype is understandable given Solana has managed to grab the public eye in a very short time span even competitors are in awe. Recently, Charles Hoskinson, the founder of Cardano heaped praises for the success of Solana and even wanted to learn more about it. The appreciation grabbed the media limelight because Cardano is set for a key Alonzo upgrade that would integrate smart contract support, making it a competition against Solana.
Can $SOL Make it to Top-5 Crypto List in 2021?
$SOL’s mammoth price rise in 2021 has also helped its market cap grow exponentially which is currently sitting at $33.8 billion just behind Dogecoin ($DOGE) at $35.5 billion. The altcoin is currently ranked eighth on CoinMarketcap, rising from the tenth spot just a couple of days ago.
If Solana manages to continue to rise similarly it has a good chance of doubling its market cap to near $70 billion that could push it above Tether’s $65 billion market cap making it the fifth-largest cryptocurrency. Many altcoins did it in the last bull cycle including Dogecoin and Binance Coin, so it’s on the cards.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?