The lightning payments app Strike made quite a buzz by starting its operations in the South American country of Argentina this week. But now, it has come under criticism from many users on Twitter complaining that they cannot buy, sell, or hold bitcoin compared to strike users in other nations. Instead, it’s only supporting Tether’s USDT stablecoin on the app.
Strike App Won’t Support Bitcoin in Argentinahttps://t.co/tggoJYC3GS
— Layaria (@LayariaNetwork) January 14, 2022
According to CoineDesk, Nicolás, an Argentinean user, told them that the app converts the cryptocurrency to USDT. According to him, the Strike wallet only holds USDT. Many other users called out the app on Twitter, claiming it to be a “disappointment.”
No response from the company!
The company has yet to respond to the users’ problems in the South American country. Earlier, the company, through the Twitter page of its CEO Jack Mallers had announced the arrival of its platform in the country.
Here’s an excerpt from the tweet:
“Today, we launch a superior financial experience to a country that faces hyperinflation, predatory payment networks, and unusable cross-border transfers. Today, we use the world’s open monetary network, #Bitcoin, to give hope to the people of Argentina.”
What is the Strike app?
Strike app is a Lightning Payments app that allows users to send and receive Bitcoin (BTC) and Lightning Network payments directly to and from a bank account. It allows users to send funds anywhere in the world through Bitcoin. It is regarded as one of the easiest ways to buy and sell Bitcoin.
Developed by Zap Solutions, the app is based out of the United States. Earlier, the firm launched a service in El Salvador in March 2021. By expanding its operations to countries like Argentina, the firm plans to establish itself as the leading Bitcoin payment app in the Latin American region.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?