HmmNow it is confirmed. Yes, rumors spread the similar news of TON TestNet earlier this week, however, it is officially announced and confirmed. Telegram has officially released testnet for its TON token (Telegram open network).
TON Testnet Blockchain Lite Client
This news was first spread on the web after the Github user uploaded its first version of TON blockchain light client on May 25, 2019. However on May 30, 2019, files seen on test.ton.org which confirms that the messaging service platform Telegram is finally heading up with its TON token. The files are the preliminary version of the TON testnet Lite client version alongside TON blockchain library.
The files are available to download and the development is seemingly a simplified stable version of the Lite Client. However, the files which had updated by Github user earlier was able to get configured properly and it was successfully connecting the user to the full node of the TON blockchain testnet.
When Telegram first announced its TON blockchain project, it stated that it will offer smart contracts, upgradeable formal blockchain features, support for micropayment channels, also off-chain payment networks. Having said that, users besides Lite client files can also download configuration file which will enable them to develop smart contracts.
Accordingly, these configuration files will let the user connect with the special server and begin creating new smart contracts, review the existing contracts as well as enable them to send external messages to smart contracts.
Moreover, it was earlier stated that the TON blockchain was set for private beta testing available only for selected developers. The TON blockchain resulted in ‘extremely high transaction speed’ according to anonymous tester while nothing specific disclosed.
TON whitepaper reads the feature of the platform as follows;
“TON blockchain can handle millions of transactions per second if necessary, and both user-friendly and service provider-friendly.”
Additionally, it was also reported that that TON’s TON Labs joined hands with European financial service entity Wirecard with a mission to develop digital financial services, payments, and banking platform.
Image source – Reuters
- Just-in: Coinbase to expand legal and compliance team Amid regulatory crackdown
- Bitdeer Group’s Mining Datacenter Boasts Unmatched Capacity and Energy Efficiency
- Robinhood to Debut Crypto Wallets Next Month, Here Are the Things You Can Do With it
- Can the Bitcoin Blockchain Host Smart Contracts? This Blockchain Protocol is Working to Make that Happen
- Breaking: Binance Closes Crypto Derivatives Offerings in Australia
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio