The official announcement for Terra 2.0 launch is finally here as the team activates Terra 2.0 Pheonix-1 mainnet by generating the first block on the blockchain network. The official announcement from Terra reads:
Block 1 of the brand new Terra blockchain (with a chain_id of “Phoenix-1”) has officially been produced at 06:00 AM UTC on May 28th, 2022! Congratulations to the #LUNAtic community on this expeditious feat of collaboration
The announcement adds that people eligible for the LUNA tokens can check their wallet balances by selecting the new network Phoenix 1 via their Terra station browser extension. Terra founder Do Kwon wrote:
To view your $LUNA (or $LUNA2 as some exchanges call them) token balances, you only need to log into station and refresh the page For new users coming in from IBC et all, create a station wallet with the same ledger and station should walk you through the remaining steps
With their new liquid LUNA tokens, users can do several things such as staking on Terra Station to earn rewards. Users can use them in the dApps after their launch, trade them and even participate in governance decisions.
The Terra 2.0 is a completely new blockchain and not a fork. As a result, dApps running on Terra Classic need to relaunch on the new chain. Some of the dApps have already migrated to the new chain including RandomEarth, Astroport, Spectrum, Prism, Nebula, EdgeProtocol, TerraSwap, and others.
How to Check the Staked LUNA?
Terra explains that for the part of the LUNA airdrop that’s already staked and vesting, users need to follow a simple three-step process.
- Open the Terra Station Desktop App
- Select the Phoenix-1 Network
- Click the “stake: tab to view the staked coins and the validator to whom it is staked.
Users get the freedom to choose the validator of their choice and start earning staking rewards. Users can do this by either redelegating or undelegating and then delegating the stake again.
Users will continue to receive staking rewards even when their LUNA is staked and in the process of vesting.
“Today marks the beginning of the next chapter for the Terra community; one in which our potential knows no bounds & our collective creativity can flourish,” says Terra.
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000