The official announcement for Terra 2.0 launch is finally here as the team activates Terra 2.0 Pheonix-1 mainnet by generating the first block on the blockchain network. The official announcement from Terra reads:
Block 1 of the brand new Terra blockchain (with a chain_id of “Phoenix-1”) has officially been produced at 06:00 AM UTC on May 28th, 2022! Congratulations to the #LUNAtic community on this expeditious feat of collaboration
The announcement adds that people eligible for the LUNA tokens can check their wallet balances by selecting the new network Phoenix 1 via their Terra station browser extension. Terra founder Do Kwon wrote:
To view your $LUNA (or $LUNA2 as some exchanges call them) token balances, you only need to log into station and refresh the page For new users coming in from IBC et all, create a station wallet with the same ledger and station should walk you through the remaining steps
With their new liquid LUNA tokens, users can do several things such as staking on Terra Station to earn rewards. Users can use them in the dApps after their launch, trade them and even participate in governance decisions.
The Terra 2.0 is a completely new blockchain and not a fork. As a result, dApps running on Terra Classic need to relaunch on the new chain. Some of the dApps have already migrated to the new chain including RandomEarth, Astroport, Spectrum, Prism, Nebula, EdgeProtocol, TerraSwap, and others.
How to Check the Staked LUNA?
Terra explains that for the part of the LUNA airdrop that’s already staked and vesting, users need to follow a simple three-step process.
- Open the Terra Station Desktop App
- Select the Phoenix-1 Network
- Click the “stake: tab to view the staked coins and the validator to whom it is staked.
Users get the freedom to choose the validator of their choice and start earning staking rewards. Users can do this by either redelegating or undelegating and then delegating the stake again.
Users will continue to receive staking rewards even when their LUNA is staked and in the process of vesting.
“Today marks the beginning of the next chapter for the Terra community; one in which our potential knows no bounds & our collective creativity can flourish,” says Terra.
- Shiba Inu Emerges As Top Choice Of ETH Whales; Here’s Why
- Just-In: Shiba Inu Will Release New Token, Here’s How To Earn It
- Breaking: China Court Rules Restrictions On USDT, Here’s Why
- After Market Turmoil, USDC Issuer Circle Comes Clean Hinting No Liquidity Risks
- Just In: More Trouble For India’s Crypto Ecosystem With Latest Enforcement
- Is Celsius (CEL) Next To File Bankruptcy After Voyager, Three Arrows
- Bitcoin Hovers Around 20K; Will It Recover?
- Lido Staked ETH (stETH) Close To Ethereum Price, Why It’s Good For Crypto
- Ethereum (ETH) Recovery To $1.1K A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s Why
- In June 2022, Bitcoin (BTC) Recorded the Worst Monthly Performance In History, Now What?
- MANA Price Analysis: Will Triangle Breakout Propel Market Price by 40%?
- Solana Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Bolster SOL Above $42.5
- BNB Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Breakout Aims BNB to Surpass $300
- APE Price Analysis: $5.6 Breakout May Trigger Bullish Reversal pattern
- CRV Price analysis: Rising $CRV Knockout $0.86 Resistance; is $1 Next?
- Polygon Price Analysis: 20 EMA Resistance Pressurize MATIC for $0.45 Breakdown
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655