New York City has become the latest contender for the crypto hub in the US, especially after the newly elected Mayor promised to work towards making the city a growing hot spot for crypto businesses. A number of VC firms and money managers are looking to make the city their business home and proposals for the world’s largest crypto trading floor are already in.
Jason Ader, a former casino analyst aims to bag the casino license from the city with a $3 billion bet. He said the casino would be one of its kind as it would host the world’s largest crypto trading floor along with space for parking flying cars in the future. Ader said the casino would also feature an esports arena and a separate sector for live events. He explained,
“The goal is to have a differentiated but comprehensive approach to entertainment that goes beyond casino gaming with some pretty cool elements,”
The venue for the casino is yet to be decided but Ader said, given a choice he would prefer Manhattan.
New York Looks to Dethrone Miami
Miami is currently considered as the true Bitcoin city in the United States with a pro-Bitcoin Mayor in the form of Francis Suarez. Suarez has made way for the first even city coin that works on top of the Bitcoin network and the funds generated by the coin will be used for the development of the city.
New York City Mayor Eric Adams has made his crypto goals clear with the announcement of taking his full salary in Bitcoin. During his Mayor run, crypto was a key part of his campaign and he has doubled down on his promises after winning the race. There were possible talks about New York also working towards developing a city coin quite similar to the Miami coin as well.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?