The crypto community was flooded with speculations of yet another hack, this time around the hedge fund manager, Three Arrow Capital’s wallets were at risk. However, the firm’s CEO has clarified that it is just a move from L1 to L2.
Earlier today, the Chinese journalist, Colin Wu tweeted that 91,477 ETH, which amounts to approximately $400 million were transferred from FTX, Binance and Coinbase to the wallet marked by nansen as Three Arrow Capital. The fearmongering spread like wild fire and the market was full of hack speculations, given the ongoing hack frenzy in the decentralized industry. Nevertheless, Three Arrow Capital’s CEO, Su Zhu took to Twitter and noted that there are multiple other incoming transfers to shift to L2.
Look I couldn't let you guys jerk off watching the burn without me
Eth L1 still unusable for newcomers, show it to your grandma if you don't believe me
I'll still bid it hard on any panic dump like this weekend obv
100k eth is dust fwiw, more coming
— Zhu Su 🔺 (@zhusu) December 7, 2021
Zhu continued claiming that L1 is highly unusable, especially for newcomers. However, this was not the first time Zhu commented against Ethereum despite being an avid user himself. Three Arrow Capital CEO has even said that he has “abandoned Ethereum despite supporting it in the past”, because the network is not affordable enough for new users. While saying that, he has contradicted himself emphasising on the importance of L2.
Want to soften this and say abandon is the wrong word. Was heat of the moment. I'm sorry.
There are great teams working on scaling Eth on L2.
Would've preferred to see eth1x roadmap. Also would've preferred focusing on users rather than holders welfare in upgrades. https://t.co/N3YTAbfVBi
— Zhu Su 🔺 (@zhusu) November 21, 2021
L2 to Resolve Scalability Issues
The need for Layer 2 scaling solutions on the Ethereum network has been proven inevitable by the Ethereum founder, Vitalik Buterin, to facilitate the safest and most sustainable way to scale Ethereum while preserving decentralization. Earlier this October, Buterin spoke at the 2021 Shanghai International Blockchain Week, highlighting the need for scalability and implementation of rollups.
Vitalik Buterin talked about L2 scalability in reference to the non-fungible tokens (NFTs) frenzy, together with the explosive growth of decentralized finance (Defi) on the Ethereum network. Vitalik suggested that moving all NFTs to layer-two solutions can beat the high gas fees issue, further advising blockchains and NFTs to transfer to L2 to counter scalability issues. According to Buterin, the mainstream blockchain has become overcrowded, causing problems like high transaction fees.However, he noted that upcoming scaling solutions may take longer than expected to become fully operational. Henceforth, he suggested Rollups as the second-best option for users. Rollups are a Layer 2 solution that handles transactions outside the Ethereum mainnet, i.e., Layer 1.
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?