Yet another cryptocurrency exchange has delisted XRP in lieu of regulatory and legal controversy surrounding the token. The Canadian crypto exchange platform, Newton declared the news via a community release noting that they will be delisting two tokens, XRP and USDT. Furthermore, Newton exchange highlighted that the delisting process will be carried out in phases.
The first deadline is set for suspension of XRP and USDT transfers, which will be turned off by December 20th at 11:59pm ET. Post the first phase of delisting, users will not be able to send XRP or USDT to Newton. Furthermore, the second phase will incorporate the suspension of trading services for XRP and USDT, which will be implemented by December 31st. At last, by January 15, traders will not be able to withdraw their XRP and USDT funds, in turn accomplishing the delisting process.
“You must ensure that all remaining XRP and USDT has been moved out of your Newton account by the January 15th deadline. Any remaining XRP and USDT after this deadline and any subsequent reminders will be liquidated by Newton on your behalf, and the cash (CAD) proceeds will be delivered to your Newton account.”, stated the community release.
XRP Community or Collateral Damage?
The XRP community across the globe is sent into a fit of panic, with the ongoing XRP lawsuit seemingly gravitating towards a SEC influenced settlement. The latest update in the lawsuit saw the court order both parties to submit supplemental briefs by December 8, on Defendants’ Motion to Compel, given the change in the scope of Deliberative Process Privilege (DPP), referring to the 11/29 decision by U.S. Court of Appeals in an unrelated case.
However, with one after another extended deadlines in the case, the only victims are the XRP Holders with frozen funds. During the month of October, Attorney Deaton, who has acquired the amici curiae status, approached the court on behalf of the XRP community appealing to deny any further extensions given a large sum of XRP Holders have their XRP in “frozen” retirement brokerage accounts. XRP holders are unable to touch their funds in any manner, including the inability to withdraw, due to the ongoing lawsuit. Furthermore, majority of crypto exchanges have delisted XRP, making it impossible for the community to interact with the token.
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?