Bitcoin [BTC] cryptocurrency markets saw another bearish week at the wake of another scam – the PlusToken. Nevertheless, Bitcoin revived above $10,000 again. However, the altcoins broke down below another key support levels.
Ethereum, XRP, Litecoin, and the other altcoins continued losing their dominance over the cryptocurrency market. The top-performing cryptocurrencies were the ones which projected least losses during the week. The dominance of Bitcoin over the market is close to 69%.
Moreover, the previous week was significantly bearish as well. The market broke bullish only during the last few hours of the week on 11th August 2019.
Opening Price: $11,455
Closing Price: $10,379
Weekly Loss: 9.3%
Weekly High/Low: $12,325/$10,986
XRP ‘hodlers’ which are quite significant in number were affected adversely due to the case filling at the California Federal Court. The Plaintiff (investors) have claimed that Ripple has significant control over XRP and should be declared it’s security.
If the courts find recognizable relevance between the XRP and Ripple FUD, then their claims would stand true. However, XRP proponents have repeatedly claimed that XRP is a cryptocurrency that was launched in 2012. Moreover, Ripple only leverages the ledger to build products on it.
The SEC will also keep a close tab on the case. The discussions and findings of the case will further shape laws on these new class of digital assets.
Opening Price: $0.299
Closing Price: $0.28
Weekly Loss: 6.35%
Weekly High/Low: $0.305/$0.225
Bitcoin [BCH] Cash
Bitcoin Cash [BCH] has also been mostly bearish this week. Its price movements clearly explain the price action that was brought last week at the very end. As reported on Coingape around 13: 00 Hours, the price was bearish at around $320. However, it ended on a powerful note break above $340.
While it has revived back above $300, it recorded a low below $280.
Opening Price: $319
Closing Price: $320
Weekly Loss: 0.05%
Weekly High/Low: $358/$266
The cryptocurrency like Bitcoin Cash [BCH] aims to provide scalability for Bitcoin users. However, its lead proponent, Craig Wright, has been accused of falsifying claims of being Satoshi. Nevertheless, the cryptocurrency has continued to hold its support levels above $120.
Opening Price: $144
Closing Price: $136
Weekly Loss: 5.55%
Weekly High/Low: $155/$123
Binance [BNB] Coin
Binance [BNB] Coin also broke bearish during the week following the altcoin momentum. While it broke below the $30 support, it trying to build new support near $27.
Moreover, Binance team is continually expanding and developing their brand in the market. The launch of the US division will be important for the Exchange as the US has a lot of retail crypto investors.
Opening Price: $29.8
Closing Price: $27.7
Weekly Loss: 7.04%
Weekly High/Low: $31/$25.2
LEO Unus LED
LEO is the exchange backed token of Bitfinex performed well as the over-all sentiments towards Bitcoin remained positive. Hence, when other altcoins are continually losing value, these tokens are benefiting from constant volume.
Opening Price: $1.23
Closing Price: $1.27
Weekly Gains: 3.25%
Weekly High/Low: $1.32/$1.16
*The percentage dominance of cryptocurrencies w.r.t. to the total market capitalization of the market at $1 billion is 0.3%. Hence, for Analysis purpose, we will only consider cryptocurrencies with a total market capitalization $1 billion or more. For future analysis, we’ll try to maintain ~0.25% as a standard for the calculation.
**The data is taken at around 12: 00 Hours UTC on 18th August 2019
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?