Venezuela’s state-backed cryptocurrency Petro has created a lot of uproar in the crypto market. With Trump’s US ban on Venezuela Petro coin, it fueled the fire of questionable credibility and authenticity of this cryptocurrency. Now, Russia’s involvement turned this Petro, Maduro’s so-called economy savior into a major political extravaganza.
Russia – Venezuela Petro venture to escape US sanctions
According to the latest revelation in the Petro scenario, it has turned out to be a joint venture between Venezuela and Russian officials. This state-backed cryptocurrency went into its presale on February 20th and started its public sale on March 21st.
Petro has been apparently Venezuelan and Russian officials attempt at bypassing the US sanctions. According to Time, a Russian state bank executive reported that the development of Petro has been overseen by the Kremlin advisors. Most importantly the Russian President, Vladimir Putin signed off on this project last year itself.
“People close to Putin, they told him this is how to avoid the sanctions. This is how the whole thing started.”
It has also been claimed that the Russian billionaires Fyodor Bogorodsky and Dennis Druzhkovka advised Venezuelan president, Maduro in developing the Petro.
Leveraging crypto to influence the global economy
It is no hidden fact that both the countries Russia and Venezuela have been invested in creating a state-backed cryptocurrency that could not be controlled by a central authority, especially the US.
If this collaboration is, in fact, true, it won’t be a shocker as the strained relationship between Russia and the US isn’t anything new. Moreover, Russia’s sentiment on US dollar having power in the global economy is a known fact.
Given the way, the rise of digital currencies is pushing the global governments to work on their financial infrastructure and develop regulations around these cryptocurrencies, the plans of both the countries seem understandable.
Venezuela and Russia both have been on the negative end of US sanctions and through CryptoRuble, Russia can escape those sanctions. Whereas the low value of Bolivar made Venezuela eager to accept Russia’s assistance.
No doubt, cryptocurrencies are an incredible way to skirt the sanctions. Going with the fact that developing the digitized version of Ruble will present the risk of Ruble’s destabilization, Russia took the Petro route.
However, now that Trump has banned the US purchase of Petro, the plans to wage a war with cryptocurrencies and dominate the world economy might remain unseen.
What are your views on Russian involvement in Venezuelan Petro? How do you think Russia could have used cryptocurrency to create an international impact? Share your thoughts with us!
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?