After the exit of PayPal, Ebay, MasterCard, Uber and more. Now, Vodafone has also decided to call it quits from the Libra Association. Vodafone was one of leading firms in the list of validators on the Libra Blockchain.
Moreover, in a bid to pursue their goals towards improvements in the payment and financial services industry. The spokesperson for Vodafone told the media,
“We remain fully committed to that goal and feel we can make the most contribution by focusing our efforts on [mobile payments platform] M-Pesa.”
Facebook’s plans with Libra have seen opposition and loss of support ever since it made the announcement.
The benefits of micro digital payments in developing and under-developed countries have been recognized by all FinTech leaders. The firms that involved themselves earlier are looking to shift their focus on other projects.
M-Pesa is one of the leading mobile mobile payment services in Africa. Moreover, Twitter CEO and founder of Square Crypto, Jack Dorsey, is also working towards increasing the Bitcoin’s reach in Africa through the Cash App.
Lightning Development Kit by Square Crypto
Dorsey is also committing to his focus around the development and adoption of Bitcoin. He tweeted this morning,
Square Crypto is focusing on Lightning!
In a bid to improve ‘bitcoin’s UX, security, privacy, and scaling,’ Square crypto is supporting the Lightning Network (LN) protocol. The firms introduces the details of their current project – The Lightning Development Kit (LDK).
LDK aims to give wallet and application developers a convenient way to create custom experiences.
As reported yesterday on CoinGape, LN protocol is an attempt to provide low cost BTC transactions without using another crypto. Hence, it provides a level of trust for lack of unethical incentives.
Bitcoin’s current use as money is limited by three factors: volatility in price, speed and transaction cost. While the former can only be improved over time, Square Crypto under Dorsey are working hard towards developing the latter.
Do you think Square Crypto’s efforts could increase the adoption of Lightning for real? Please share your views with us.
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Breaking: Satoshi Nakamoto’s Website Gets Hacked, Scammers Run BTC Giveaway Scam
- Ripple, Solana Price Analysis: September 23, 2021
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Rolls Down The Runway Ahead Of Takeoff To $48,000
- Mike Novogratz Predicts Key Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH) Levels to Watchout For
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio