Rep. Eric Michael Swalwell Jr, a U.S. 2020 presidential candidate is now accepting cryptocurrencies as a form of a donation to his campaign.
Rep. Eric Michael Swalwell Jr is currently serving as the U.S. Representative for California’s 15th congressional district since 2013. Furthermore, he served on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the House Judiciary Committee.
Rep. Eric Michael Swalwell Jr Partners With TWC to Accept Crypto Donation
Recently, Eric’s plan to start accepting crypto donations was announced by “The White Company”. The blockchain firm is in charge of setting up the crypto payment enabled website.
Reportedly, donations in six cryptocurrencies will be accepted. These six cryptos include – bitcoin, ether, bitcoin cash, stellar, bitcoin SV and The White Company’s native token White standard (WSD).
Furthermore, The White Company has confirmed that a stellar-based stablecoin, is being used to process transactions on the webpage. As a result of this, Swalwell has “instant” access to funds.
Eric is Not New to Crypto and Blockchain
Interestingly, Swalwell Jr has been hands-on when it comes to pushing the adoption of cryptos in the U.S.
The U.S. Representative recently signing a letter to the Internal Revenue Service seeking more clarity on cryptocurrency tax rules.
In the letter, it was stated therein that;
“There is still substantial ambiguity on a number of important questions about the federal taxation of virtual currencies, ”
Importantly, the lawmakers’ letter, explains that taxpayers are finding it hard to calculate how much they owe the agency.
As regards blockchain, Swalwell is of the belief that technology can change the world. He confirmed this in a statement which reads:
“Blockchain can change the world if we let it. So much of our public life now exists online, and there’s no reason to believe we can’t extend this further into our democracy and our economy – from exercising our right to vote, to how we look at cryptocurrency.”
Three Point Agenda
Speaking on his plans for American, Swalwell said that: in his first 100 days as President, he will go big and be bold to work with Congress on the following:
Ending Gun Violence,
- Breaking: Binance Closes Crypto Derivatives Offerings in Australia
- Report Shows 42% of Voters in Texas Will Support Crypto-Friendly Legislation: Here is How this Could Benefit Parties
- Just-In: Coinbase Opens its “Prime” Brokerage Services For 9K Institutional Investors
- Breaking: Binance Reportedly Under CFTC Investigation For Insider Trading
- S.Korea Crypto Crackdown: 60 Crypto Exchanges to Shut Down Due to This Reason
- Portal Secures $8.5M from Coinbase, Ventures Arrington XRP Capital and Others to Build Bitcoin-Based DeFi Platform
- IOEN: The Metaverse of Energy
- The Indian Finance Minister warns regulators about Crypto. Here’s what she said
- Burger King launches NFT collection
- Cudos Proudly Partners With Zero Services