In 2018, according to a research on eSport audience growth, there were about 380 million viewers of eSport and this figure is set to rise to 557 million viewers by 2021. More so, a wholesale investor also predicted that the global eSport market is estimated to reach $17.2 billion by the end of 2020.
Verasity’s GameStore, a marketplace that has been intuitively designed (with the best visuals, sound, gameplay, controls and memorable characters) to meet the needs and expectations of game lovers worldwide has made a huge move by expanding its GameStore tournament model to major eSport games with a new and improved platform. Thus, to eradicate boredom and enhance gamers(users) liveliness, Verasity has added the functionality of private, public and third party tournaments for major eSports games.
“We will first launch Counterstrike: Global Offensive(CS:GO) tournaments and betting from Verasity.tv and add other major league games in Q2 & Q3 (League of Legends and others). Players will be able to invite others to play in private or public tournaments for VRA funded jackpots. Anyone will be able to bet on teams or on players on the leaderboard.” said the team.
And according to this post, Verasity is able to implement third party jackpots and betting on major tournaments. Users can use Verasity tokens via the VeraWallet to create jackpots or bet on their favourite pro CS:GO player or team in major live eSports events such as the ESL Pro League, Dreamhack and Blast Premier. In fact, according to a close source to Verasity executives, Verasity is already in discussion of onboarding popular CS:GO teams like Roar Sports, Limitless and Edge.gg for Verasity GameStore hosted CS:GO tournaments.
The best part is that this platform has been built with the goal of livening people’s day in this pandemic season; and as stated by this twitter post, here is how Verasity is boosting liveliness by taking online gaming to the next level starting with CS: GO;
To begin with, users can play both public and private tournaments, secondly, users can bet on eSport using VRA and many more.
This lively GameStore will roll this out across Q2 & Q3. It’s also fascinating to know that with credit card functionality from VeraWallet for on-ramp and off-ramp, non crypto users will be able to seamlessly participate in USD valued Verasity tokens (VRA/VRAB) without the need to understand crypto. We are opening this up to the whole world. This will hugely contribute to the organic demand for Verasity tokens worldwide.
Aside from having intriguing features like:
- Intuitive User Interface
- Wide Variety of Games
- High Rewards
- Unconnected to the Google and Apple Stores
- Unlimited Access,
Its upgraded “functionality” for this roll out will be made available from Verasity.tv with a separate site map: Bet eSportz and it includes the following:
- Complete Active Tournament details
- The ability for users to create their own Tournaments with prize distribution and rules
- Tournament types including High Score, Elimination and Double Elimination
- Ability to join any public Tournament and participate from VeraWallet
- User generated My Tournament page with history and active Tournaments
- User profile with transaction history, My Tournaments, My bets
- Tournaments API.
More so, the above functionality will allow players to:
- Bet on your favourite pro CS:GO (and other games) teams and players
- Create public or private tournaments with VRA/VRAB Prize Pools
- Join tournaments and pay entry fees in VRA via your VeraWallet
- Track progress on the leaderboard and view current prize pool value
- Collect tournament prizes directly into your VeraWallet
- Connect third party major tournaments to our platform via simple API
- Utilize credit card payments for VRA entry fees via your VeraWallet
It’s now easier than ever to obey the stay at home order and keep yourself safe from coronavirus thanks to the Verasity GameStore. You get to play hundreds of cool games with your family and friends right from the safety of your home.
Therefore, with Verasity’s new tournament model to major eSport, If users prefer playing the game, they can be the next “dev1ce” and win $$$ in VRA by entering one of their scheduled tournaments. Or they can go ahead and create their own public or private tournament and set pool prizes of VRA. Or even bet on major tournaments and leaderboard players.